BY: STAFF REPORT
Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media LLC
News App Readers Click Here For Full Story
DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Mark Traub apparently has a history of telling people that that he’s a retired New York City Police Detective. But the Delray Beach man never graduated high school, and his girlfriend told police “I don’t know what he is.”
Traub, 59, was arrested early Tuesday following a traffic stop in the area of Military Trail and Lake Ida Road.
A police report reviewed by BocaNewsNow.com reports that Traub told a Delray Beach Police Officer that he’s a retired NYPD Detective and even showed him a badge.
But the Delray Beach Police officer became suspicious when Traub allegedly said that he had never graduated high school.
“He stated that the never graduated from high school which is a common requirement to become a law enforcement officer,” wrote the Delray Beach Police Officer in his report. That officer then called Traub’s girlfriend who — according to the report — confirmed that Traub was never a police officer.
Traub was later captured on a police body cam recording saying that he obtained the badge from a friend and that confirming that he was never an officer.
Mark Traub is now charged with DUI and impersonating an officer. He was booked into the Palm Beach County Jail and later released on his own recognizance.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Former Miami Dolphin Vontae Davis Arrested For DUI In South Florida
- Victims Of Double Fatal West Boca Raton Crash Identified
- Air Traffic Slowed Along Eastern Seaboard, Balloon To Be Shot Down
- TRIAL SET IN SEVEN BRIDGES DELRAY BEACH CASE, MAGISTRATE BLASTS HOA ATTORNEYS
- Shooting In Boca Reserve Not Criminal, According To Police
- Boca Raton Woman Faces Six Years In Federal Prison On Illegal Boating Indictment
- Boca Raton Man, On Moped, Killed In Crash
- Jewish Man Ordered Off Delta Flight From Fort Lauderdale To NYC Over Hat
- MAN SAYS HE WAS SHOT IN HEAD BEHIND AURA APARTMENTS IN BOCA RATON