BY: STAFF REPORT
Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media LLC
News App Readers Click Here For Full Story
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Palm Beach County School District is on the cusp of a troubling milestone. The 1500th COVID-19 case is likely to be logged either later today or at some point tomorrow. Counted since schools reopened for in-person instruction in Mid-September, the current 1,486 cases represent 837 students and 649 employees.
The number is significant. Only roughly 40 percent of the 180,000 students enrolled in the school system are currently taking classes in person, with 60 percent still learning from home. Those numbers may change in early February when decisions made by parents — about how their children will learn for the rest of the school year — go into effect.
Among local schools: Boca Raton Community High School reports 33 COVID-19 cases. Boca Raton Community Middle reports 14 COVID-19 cases. Calusa Elementary reports 23 COVID-19 cases. Don Estridge High Tech Middle School reports 24 COVID-19 cases.
Del Prado Elementary reports 13 COVID-19 cases. Eagles Landing middle reports 9 COVID-19 cases. Loggers’ Run Community Middle reports 8 cases. Morikami Park reports 12 cases. Olympic Heights Community High reports 14 cases.
Plumosa School of the Arts reports 14 COVID-19 cases. Polo Park Middle reports 19 COVID-19 cases. Spanish River High reports 12 COVID-19 cases. Verde K-8 reports 13 COVID-19 cases. Waters Edge Elementary reports 12 COVID-19 cases. Whispering Pines Elementary reports 13 COVID cases.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- POLICE REPORT: Emaciated Boca Raton Dog Died, Owner Jailed
- Palm Beach School District Adds More Than 500 COVID Cases In Days
- Boca Raton Gym Sued For $1M In Rent
- COVID Vaccine Distribution In Palm Beach County Is Worse Than You Think
- Shot, Mauled, Or Drowned? What Happened To This Boca Raton Cat?
- COVID Is Getting Worse In Palm Beach County
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Animal Cruelty Charges
- Boca Raton Firefighters Battle Elevator Blaze
- Palm Beach County ICU’s Packed, COVID Count Rising