BY: STAFF REPORT
Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media LLC
News App Readers Click Here For Full Story
UPDATE: 6:28 p.m: Official statement from AT&T just released: “Service has been restored for most wireless and wireline customers in the Miami area after an equipment failure at one of our facilities caused a service disruption. We apologize for the inconvenience.”
UPDATE: 5:45 p.m: Still no official statement, but service is slowly being restored.
UPDATE: 4:40 p.m: Still no official report from AT&T, but we are receiving reports in our newsroom of the outage including Palm Beach County, Broward County and at least parts of Miami-Dade County. Home internet and cell service. AT&T website also appears to be down.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Posted 4:19 p.m.) — We are awaiting official word from AT&T, but multiple people are reporting to us a major internet outage in Palm Beach County and Broward County. It is affecting AT&T customers.
We stress this is unconfirmed, but it you are experiencing an outage, it sounds like you are not alone.
We have reached out to AT&T’s communications team in the region for an official response. Check back — we’ll update as soon as possible.
Some are reporting that home internet and AT&T cell service is down — we don’t know if the cell service issue is true, but we are receiving consistent reports about home internet.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- No Masks At Salt 7 Delray, We Were Told To Call Back During The Week
- Delray Beach Woman’s “Bumping” Leads To Battery On Senior Charge
- GL Homes Sued By HOA, Alleges Violation Of Florida Building Code
- COVID Hospitalizations Again Rising In Florida, Palm Beach County
- One Killed In Yamato Road Crash, Golf Cart Vs. Car
- UPDATE: Palm Beach County School District Explains FSA Requirement, Order
- CRITICAL CRASH: Yamato Road Closed, Car Hits Golf Cart
- BREAKING: FSA’S Do Not Count, State Says Mandatory Tests Not Required For Promotion
- Police Arrest 12-Year-Old For School Bomb Threat