BY: STAFF REPORT
Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media LLC
News App Readers Click Here For Full Story
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — At least 1,079 people have died in Florida from COVID-19 within the last week. Numbers released by the Florida Department of Health show the stunning death count logged between January 5th and January 12.
State officials report that 169 deaths were logged on Tuesday with 13,660 new infections. The positivity rate for Tuesday’s testing is 10.17 percent.
In Palm Beach County, 693 new COVID-19 infections were recorded on Tuesday with 8 new deaths. The positivity rate in PBC for Tuesday’s test report is 9.66 percent.
There are now at least 1,517,472 confirmed COVID-19 infections in Florida, with 23,396 deaths. At least 93,994 people have tested positive in Palm Beach County. 1,983 have died.
The pediatric positivity rate, based on Tuesday’s report (released Wednesday), is 13.4 percent. The Florida Dept. of Health defines pediatric as anyone 18 or under.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Is The Boca Raton Police Department Doing Enough To Prevent Traffic Deaths, Injuries?
- Crowds, Chaos At Fort Lauderdale Airport Monday Morning
- Golf Instructor Drake Kelso Jailed On DUI Charge, Said Gun Was In Car
- Woman Kills Federal Judge, Injures Boy In Boca Raton Crash
- More COVID Problems Florida, Positivity Rate Jumps Again
- Flying? Major Delays, Canceled Flights At FLL Today
- Significant Weather Advisory In Effect
- No Masks At Salt 7 Delray, We Were Told To Call Back During The Week
- Delray Beach Woman’s “Bumping” Leads To Battery On Senior Charge