BY: STAFF REPORT
Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media LLC
News App Readers Click Here For Full Story
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — At least 1,079 people have died in Florida from COVID-19 within the last week. Numbers released by the Florida Department of Health show the stunning death count logged between January 5th and January 12.
State officials report that 169 deaths were logged on Tuesday with 13,660 new infections. The positivity rate for Tuesday’s testing is 10.17 percent.
In Palm Beach County, 693 new COVID-19 infections were recorded on Tuesday with 8 new deaths. The positivity rate in PBC for Tuesday’s test report is 9.66 percent.
There are now at least 1,517,472 confirmed COVID-19 infections in Florida, with 23,396 deaths. At least 93,994 people have tested positive in Palm Beach County. 1,983 have died.
The pediatric positivity rate, based on Tuesday’s report (released Wednesday), is 13.4 percent. The Florida Dept. of Health defines pediatric as anyone 18 or under.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Delray Beach Police Officer Arrested
- IT’S ALIVE: Hurricane Hunter Finds Circulation In System Near Florida
- Lotus Boca Raton Homeowner Sued For Spreading Rumors About Neighbor
- Palm Beach County COVID Hospitalizations Jump
- FLORIDA: Tropical Depression Now Likely To Form
- DeSantis Again Declares Victory Over CDC Cruise Restrictions
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely To Form Within Days Near Florida
- Boca Raton Woman Drives Without Tire, FaceTimes During DUI Stop
- Fort Lauderdale Airport Again At Capacity, Off-Site Parking Opens