BY: STAFF REPORT
Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media LLC
News App Readers Click Here For Full Story
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — At least 1,079 people have died in Florida from COVID-19 within the last week. Numbers released by the Florida Department of Health show the stunning death count logged between January 5th and January 12.
State officials report that 169 deaths were logged on Tuesday with 13,660 new infections. The positivity rate for Tuesday’s testing is 10.17 percent.
In Palm Beach County, 693 new COVID-19 infections were recorded on Tuesday with 8 new deaths. The positivity rate in PBC for Tuesday’s test report is 9.66 percent.
There are now at least 1,517,472 confirmed COVID-19 infections in Florida, with 23,396 deaths. At least 93,994 people have tested positive in Palm Beach County. 1,983 have died.
The pediatric positivity rate, based on Tuesday’s report (released Wednesday), is 13.4 percent. The Florida Dept. of Health defines pediatric as anyone 18 or under.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- TROPICAL WAVES EAST OF FLORIDA GROWING, HURRICANE CENTER WATCHING CLOSELY
- STUNNING FORM TO BE APPROVED BY PALM BEACH COUNTY SCHOOLS
- ROTELLI BOCA RATON: “MOLD-LIKE SUBSTANCE” LEADS TO WARNING
- Complete Update On Hurricane Ian Recovery Efforts In Florida
- IS NEW TROPICAL WAVE FOLLOWING HURRICANE IAN’S PATH?
- I-75 Now Open, But FHP Warns Of Other Road Closures Due To Hurricane Ian
- Delray Beach Man Arrested For Boating Under The Influence
- NEW TROPICAL SYSTEM: 70 Percent Chance New Wave Becomes Depression East Of Florida
- I-75 COMPLETELY CLOSED DUE TO HURRICANE IAN