PALM BEACH COUNTY PEDIATRIC POSITIVITY RATE JUMPS TO 13.6 PERCENT
BY: STAFF REPORT
Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media LLC
News App Readers Click Here For Full Story
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The COVID-19 situation in Florida continues to deteriorate against a background of vaccine distribution incompetence. As seniors struggle to obtain lifesaving medication, it appears open restaurants, bars, lack of mask enforcement and other civic breakdowns continue to result in massive infection and death counts.
On Thursday, Florida recorded 16,549 new COVID-19 infections. That’s the highest in more than a week. At least 186 COVID deaths were recorded on Thursday. The positive rate jumped nearly two points to 10.17 percent.
In Palm Beach County, 1,167 COVID-19 infections were recorded on Thursday. That’s the highest in a week. The death count increased by 9. The positivity rate jumped more than 3 points to 9.69 percent.
Statewide, at least 1,548,067 COVID-19 infections have been recored with 23,799 deaths.
In Palm Beach County, 96,085 COVID-19 cases are on the books with 2,018 deaths.
The pediatric positivity rate in Palm Beach County is now 13.6 percent, and includes all cases recorded in residents 18 and younger.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Tropical Storm Warning Canceled For Palm Beach County
- Tropical Storm Warning Remains In Effect Until Early Afternoon In Palm Beach County
- 17-Year-Old Enters Water In Highland Beach During Ian, Needs Rescue
- TORNADO KINGS POINT: Images From Restricted Area
- HURRICANE IAN STARTS TO WEAKEN, BUT IT’S NOT OVER YET IN PALM BEACH COUNTY
- HURRICANE IAN: Moving Ashore, Schools Closed Thursday, Power Out
- HURRICANE IAN EYEWALL COMING ASHORE, EXPECT WEATHER TO DETERIORATE
- PALM BEACH COUNTY PUBLIC SCHOOLS CLOSED THURSDAY
- POWER OUTAGES CONTINUE: Thousands Without Power In Palm Beach, Broward, Miami-Dade