BY: STAFF REPORT
Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media LLC
News App Readers Click Here For Full Story
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — At least 418 people are hospitalized with a primary diagnosis of COVID-19 in Palm Beach County as of 5:30 a.m. Friday.
The Florida Agency of Health Care Administration reports 643 are hospitalized in Broward County and 1,072 in Miami-Dade. 217 deaths from COVID-19 were logged on Wednesday in Florida and announced on Thursday. A record 26 deaths were recorded in Palm Beach County.
Area hospital ICU’s remain heavily utilized. There are no ICU beds available at West Boca Medical Center where 19 are in use. Bethesda West reports 9 ICU beds in use with 1 available. Delray Medical Center reports 44 ICU beds in use with 8 available. Boca Raton Regional Hospital reports 29 ICU beds in use with 12 available. Wellington reports 26 ICU beds in use with just 2 available.
Statewide, 5400 ICU beds are in use with 1,016 available.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Arrest In Seven Bridges: Audi Blocked By Mercedes Leads To Assault Charge
- Amazing Photos: Two Tractor Trailers Crash On Turnpike Near Delray Beach
- Do You Live Near These Boca Raton Sex Offenders?
- Boca Raton’s Rex Baron Cited By Health Inspectors
- Popular Delray Beach Restaurant Sued Over Umbrella Incident
- New Rules For COVID-19 Shots As Publix Again Takes Appointments
- Boca Raton Man Pleads Guilty To Posting Child Abuse Photos Of Toddler In His Care
- Alleged Boca Meth House Raided
- Face Of Historic Philadelphia-Area Tavern Arrested In Delray Beach