BY: STAFF REPORT
Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media LLC
News App Readers Click Here For Full Story
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — At least 418 people are hospitalized with a primary diagnosis of COVID-19 in Palm Beach County as of 5:30 a.m. Friday.
The Florida Agency of Health Care Administration reports 643 are hospitalized in Broward County and 1,072 in Miami-Dade. 217 deaths from COVID-19 were logged on Wednesday in Florida and announced on Thursday. A record 26 deaths were recorded in Palm Beach County.
Area hospital ICU’s remain heavily utilized. There are no ICU beds available at West Boca Medical Center where 19 are in use. Bethesda West reports 9 ICU beds in use with 1 available. Delray Medical Center reports 44 ICU beds in use with 8 available. Boca Raton Regional Hospital reports 29 ICU beds in use with 12 available. Wellington reports 26 ICU beds in use with just 2 available.
Statewide, 5400 ICU beds are in use with 1,016 available.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Eric Holtz Commits Suicide As His Boca Raton Firm Faces Fraud Suits
- TERROR ON THE HIGHWAY: Shooting On I-95 In Boynton Beach, One Dead
- IT’S ALIVE! Tropical Depression Two Forms In Atlantic
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Storm Could Form Today
- Delray Beach Man Charged With Enhanced DUI
- BUSY: Hurricane Center Watching Two Systems
- Major Delays At Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport
- Sugar Sand Park Playground In Boca Raton To Close
- If Boca Raton’s Ricardo Ogorman Is Your Pot Dealer, Note He’s In Jail