BY: STAFF REPORT
Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media LLC
News App Readers Click Here For Full Story
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — At least 418 people are hospitalized with a primary diagnosis of COVID-19 in Palm Beach County as of 5:30 a.m. Friday.
The Florida Agency of Health Care Administration reports 643 are hospitalized in Broward County and 1,072 in Miami-Dade. 217 deaths from COVID-19 were logged on Wednesday in Florida and announced on Thursday. A record 26 deaths were recorded in Palm Beach County.
Area hospital ICU’s remain heavily utilized. There are no ICU beds available at West Boca Medical Center where 19 are in use. Bethesda West reports 9 ICU beds in use with 1 available. Delray Medical Center reports 44 ICU beds in use with 8 available. Boca Raton Regional Hospital reports 29 ICU beds in use with 12 available. Wellington reports 26 ICU beds in use with just 2 available.
Statewide, 5400 ICU beds are in use with 1,016 available.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- POLICE: Boca Raton Man Claimed Girlfriend Had Knife, Pills, So Batters Her To Save Her
- FAU Henderson University School Ranked Second In USA For K-5
- Woman Slips On Pool Deck, Sues Boca’s Broken Sound Country Club
- HURRICANE CENTER: Keep An Eye On Growing System East Of Florida
- FEDS: Local Man, “Dandy Daddy,” Sentenced To Eight Years In Prison
- Flanigan’s Boca Raton Cited For Flying Insects
- GAS LEAK: Airport Road In Boca Raton Closed
- STRAIGHT OUTTA KINGS POINT: Stalking, Murder Threat Charges Filed
- COVID Cases Rise In Palm Beach County School District