BY: STAFF REPORT
Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media LLC
News App Readers Click Here For Full Story
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — At least 418 people are hospitalized with a primary diagnosis of COVID-19 in Palm Beach County as of 5:30 a.m. Friday.
The Florida Agency of Health Care Administration reports 643 are hospitalized in Broward County and 1,072 in Miami-Dade. 217 deaths from COVID-19 were logged on Wednesday in Florida and announced on Thursday. A record 26 deaths were recorded in Palm Beach County.
Area hospital ICU’s remain heavily utilized. There are no ICU beds available at West Boca Medical Center where 19 are in use. Bethesda West reports 9 ICU beds in use with 1 available. Delray Medical Center reports 44 ICU beds in use with 8 available. Boca Raton Regional Hospital reports 29 ICU beds in use with 12 available. Wellington reports 26 ICU beds in use with just 2 available.
Statewide, 5400 ICU beds are in use with 1,016 available.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Police Activity Near Don Estridge Middle School In Boca Raton Is Not Criminal
- Delray Beach Man Accused Of Sales Tax Fraud
- AIRBNB Sued Over South Palm Beach County Hammock Incident
- Man Killed By Brightline Train In Boca Raton
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Manslaughter Charge
- BOCA BRIDGES: Homeowner Strangles Another Homeowner, Caught On Ring Camera
- SEVEN BRIDGES DELRAY: Listen To The 911 Call When Man Found With Blood, White Powder
- I-95 To Close Again In Boca Raton, This Time Tuesday
- TRAFFIC ALERT: Major Crash At Palmetto Park Road And U.S. 441