BY: STAFF REPORT
Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media LLC
News App Readers Click Here For Full Story
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Florida’s COVID-19 death count rose by another 205 on Friday — another recent high mark as seniors struggle to schedule vaccines while area municipalities, like Boca Raton, have seemingly stopped all efforts to mitigate the unfettered COVID spread.
The Florida infection count rose by 11,963.
That brings Florida’s total to 24,004 deaths and 1,560,186 infections.
Palm Beach County reported a death count rise of 15 on Friday while an additional 643 infections were reported. That brings Palm Beach County to 45,308 infections with 2,033 deaths.
The Palm Beach County Pediatric Positivity Rate rose again — it’s now 13.7 percent. That is a recent record. The Florida Department of Health says anyone 18 or under is considered “pediatric.”
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- DeSantis Again Declares Victory Over CDC Cruise Restrictions
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely To Form Within Days Near Florida
- Boca Raton Woman Drives Without Tire, FaceTimes During DUI Stop
- Fort Lauderdale Airport Again At Capacity, Off-Site Parking Opens
- FLORIDA COVID DISASTER: CDC Reveals 12K New Cases Wednesday, 60K In Week
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Drifting, Formation Chance Increases
- Boynton Beach Police To Shut Major Road For Investigation
- Boca Raton Man Charged With Driving During Zoom Court Hearing
- Florida’s Turnpike Remains Closed, Tractor Trailer Into Canal In Boynton Beach