BY: STAFF REPORT
Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media LLC
News App Readers Click Here For Full Story
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Florida’s COVID-19 death count rose by another 205 on Friday — another recent high mark as seniors struggle to schedule vaccines while area municipalities, like Boca Raton, have seemingly stopped all efforts to mitigate the unfettered COVID spread.
The Florida infection count rose by 11,963.
That brings Florida’s total to 24,004 deaths and 1,560,186 infections.
Palm Beach County reported a death count rise of 15 on Friday while an additional 643 infections were reported. That brings Palm Beach County to 45,308 infections with 2,033 deaths.
The Palm Beach County Pediatric Positivity Rate rose again — it’s now 13.7 percent. That is a recent record. The Florida Department of Health says anyone 18 or under is considered “pediatric.”
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Police: Man Slams Car Into Pedestrian, Drags Him To Death
- FLORIDA COVID: Big Jump In New Infections, But It’s Not All Bad News
- Will COVID Shot Be Mandatory For Palm Beach County School Students?
- Strangulation Charge Filed Against Boca Raton Man
- University of Miami Fined $22M For False Billing
- Masks Not On Next Palm Beach County School Board Agenda
- CLAIM: Boca Raton Investment Firm Defrauded Seniors, Took 4.2M In PPP Funds
- POLO CLUB BOCA: Palm Beach County Alleges Building Permit Fraud
- POLICE: Woman Sold Cocaine Near Delray Beach School