BY: STAFF REPORT
Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media LLC
News App Readers Click Here For Full Story
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Florida’s COVID-19 death count rose by another 205 on Friday — another recent high mark as seniors struggle to schedule vaccines while area municipalities, like Boca Raton, have seemingly stopped all efforts to mitigate the unfettered COVID spread.
The Florida infection count rose by 11,963.
That brings Florida’s total to 24,004 deaths and 1,560,186 infections.
Palm Beach County reported a death count rise of 15 on Friday while an additional 643 infections were reported. That brings Palm Beach County to 45,308 infections with 2,033 deaths.
The Palm Beach County Pediatric Positivity Rate rose again — it’s now 13.7 percent. That is a recent record. The Florida Department of Health says anyone 18 or under is considered “pediatric.”
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Way Beyond Bagels Delray Says Eviction Notice Wrong Due To Rat Infestation
- Glades Road Now Completely Closed Until Monday Morning
- LYONS ROAD NIGHTMARE, CONSTRUCTION LIKELY TO CONTINUE INTO SUMMER
- STRANGER THINGS: Man With Slit Neck Found On Seven Bridges Tennis Court
- BOCA RATON: COMPLETE GLADES ROAD CLOSURE STARTS TONIGHT
- North Broward Crash Leaves One Person Dead, Circumstances Investigated
- KINGS POINT ARREST: Second Arrest Of Year Is Battery Charge
- Nursing School Scam Leads To Indictments For Palm Beach County Residents
- Life In Prison For Best Buy Delivery Man Who Killed, Burned Boca Raton Woman