BY: STAFF REPORT
Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media LLC
News App Readers Click Here For Full Story
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Just a reminder: the Palm Beach County School District is closed on Monday, January 18, 2021 in observance of Martin Luther King, Jr. day. There will be no in-person or distance learning.
The closure, which of course has nothing to do with COVID, comes as the school district is again dealing with a COVID spike. There are now 1,608 confirmed COVID-19 cases logged since schools opened for “in person” learning back in September. But the real number of interest is how many cases have been logged since school resumed in 2021. That number is 340 — exceptionally high for just 13 days of school. The school year ended with 1,268 cases.
The Palm Beach County Pediatric Positivity rate continues to rise daily — it’s now 13.7 percent. The pediatric positivity rate includes cases involving anyone 18 or under.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Arrest In Seven Bridges: Audi Blocked By Mercedes Leads To Assault Charge
- Amazing Photos: Two Tractor Trailers Crash On Turnpike Near Delray Beach
- Do You Live Near These Boca Raton Sex Offenders?
- Boca Raton’s Rex Baron Cited By Health Inspectors
- Popular Delray Beach Restaurant Sued Over Umbrella Incident
- New Rules For COVID-19 Shots As Publix Again Takes Appointments
- Boca Raton Man Pleads Guilty To Posting Child Abuse Photos Of Toddler In His Care
- Alleged Boca Meth House Raided
- Face Of Historic Philadelphia-Area Tavern Arrested In Delray Beach