BY: STAFF REPORT
Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media LLC
News App Readers Click Here For Full Story
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Marcus Boas of Hollywood, Florida, allegedly placed both hands around his pregnant wife’s neck, pushed her to the floor and struck her in the face with his fist at Treehouse (7200 N. Dixie) Bar in Boca Raton late Friday night.
According to a police report reviewed by BocaNewsNow.com, two bartenders witness the assault, and one of the bartenders “witnessed Boas strike (his wife) in the face approximately two more times with his fist.”
When police were called to the scene by bartenders, both Boas and his wife denied an altercation took place.
Wrote an officer in the report:
“I then met with Marcus Boas who advised that he and (his wife) got into an argument over relationship issues. Boas stated that the altercation never came physical and advised that he loved his wife and would never touch her. He further advised she was two weeks pregnant.”
It was unclear if the wife, pregnant, was drinking alcohol in the bar.
Police charged Marcus Boas with “aggravated battery on a pregnant person.” He was booked into the Palm Beach County Jail and ultimately released on his own recognizance.
Boas, 38, lists the 2000 block of Van Buren Street in Hollywood as his home address.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA SETS RECORD: 21,683 COVID CASES RECORDED ON FRIDAY
- Delray Beach Man Allegedly Held Knife To Wife, False Imprisonment Charge
- Heading To Airport? Yet Again, Fort Lauderdale Parking Is Packed
- EXCEPTIONALLY BAD: Florida Department Health COVID Report Is Dire
- Publix Mask Mandate Returns, Associates For Now, Customer Decision Pending
- CDC: PALM BEACH COUNTY POSITIVITY NOW 18 PERCENT
- Palm Beach County Clerk Now Mandates Masks At All Locations
- EXECUTIVE ORDER: DESANTIS BANS MASKS, THREATENS SCHOOL FUNDING
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: Parents Fear Masked Kids Will Be Bullied In School