BY: STAFF REPORT
Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media LLC
News App Readers Click Here For Full Story
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Marcus Boas of Hollywood, Florida, allegedly placed both hands around his pregnant wife’s neck, pushed her to the floor and struck her in the face with his fist at Treehouse (7200 N. Dixie) Bar in Boca Raton late Friday night.
According to a police report reviewed by BocaNewsNow.com, two bartenders witness the assault, and one of the bartenders “witnessed Boas strike (his wife) in the face approximately two more times with his fist.”
When police were called to the scene by bartenders, both Boas and his wife denied an altercation took place.
Wrote an officer in the report:
“I then met with Marcus Boas who advised that he and (his wife) got into an argument over relationship issues. Boas stated that the altercation never came physical and advised that he loved his wife and would never touch her. He further advised she was two weeks pregnant.”
It was unclear if the wife, pregnant, was drinking alcohol in the bar.
Police charged Marcus Boas with “aggravated battery on a pregnant person.” He was booked into the Palm Beach County Jail and ultimately released on his own recognizance.
Boas, 38, lists the 2000 block of Van Buren Street in Hollywood as his home address.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Corey Zeidman, Boca Raton Poker Pro, Indicted On Federal Fraud Charges
- SEVEN BRIDGES DELRAY BEACH: ANOTHER HOMEOWNER HEADS TO FEDERAL PRISON
- BREAKING: TWO DEAD IN FIREY CRASH ON I-95, ROAD CLOSED
- Tri-Rail Train Hits, Kills Pedestrian Late Wednesday Morning In South Florida
- If You’re Looking For Kelley McIsaac, She’s In Jail, And We Know Why
- Tri-Rail Service Resumes Following Massive System Failure
- REMINDER: Palm Beach County Public School Year Ends Thursday
- Train Strikes, Kills Man South Of Boca Raton, Roads Closed
- FOURTEEN STUDENTS DEAD IN TEXAS SCHOOL SHOOTING, ONE TEACHER