West Boca… Wellington… Delray Medical… Boca Regional
BY: STAFF REPORT
Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media LLC
News App Readers Click Here For Full Story
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The dire COVID-19 situation in South Palm Beach County shows no sign of letting up as area hospitals report significant COVID patient counts.
At least 427 people are hospitalized with COVID-19 as a “primary diagnosis” early Monday morning, according to the Florida Agency for Health Care Administration. ICU availability in Palm Beach County has dropped below the critical 25 percent mark.
In South Palm Beach County, Wet Boca Medical Center’s ICU is at capacity with 17 ICU beds in use and none available. Delray Medical Center reports 44 ICU beds in use with just 6 available. Wellington reports 26 beds in use with just 2 available. Bethesda West reports 8 ICU beds in use with only 2 available. Boca Raton Regional Hospital reports 28 ICU beds in use with 13 available.
In all of Palm Beach County, including ICU and non-ICU beds, COVID and non-COVID patients, 3,006 beds are in use with 1,088 available. For ICU only: 314 beds are in use with 103 available.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- COVID ALERT: Palm Beach County Elevated To Critical
- NO BIG DEAL: Looks Like System Is Dissipating
- Delray Beach Bartender Charged With DUI
- Tropical Depression Could Form Within Day
- FLORIDA COVID: More Than 14K Cases Recorded On Friday, 148 Deaths
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Child Neglect, Weapon Charge
- Get Paid To Get A COVID Shot In Boca Raton
- Delray Beach Police Officer Arrested
- IT’S ALIVE: Hurricane Hunter Finds Circulation In System Near Florida