BY: STAFF REPORT
Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media LLC
News App Readers Click Here For Full Story
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The number of people hospitalized in Palm Beach County, with a primary diagnosis of COVID-19, has jumped dramatically over just 12 hours. We traditionally report this number early in the morning, but the jump merits an evening update.
As of 5:46 p.m. on January 19, 2021, there are 445 people in Palm Beach County hospitalized with “a primary diagnosis of COVID-19,” to use the State’s language. Unless the Florida Agency for Health Care Administration misreported numbers early in the day, that is a jump of at least 30 over the past 12 hours.
South Palm Beach County ICU’s are also showing heavy occupancy. West Boca Medical Center’s ICU is completely full with 18 ICU beds in use. Bethesda West reports 8 ICU beds in use with just 2 available. Delray Medical Center reports 42 ICU beds in use with only 10 available. Boca Raton Regional Hospital reports 29 ICU beds in use with 12 available. Wellington reports 24 ICU beds in use with 4 available.
Statewide, 5,171 ICU beds are in use with 1,091 available. That translates to 17.42 percent. Health officials say anything under 25 percent ICU available is a problem.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Eric Holtz Commits Suicide As His Boca Raton Firm Faces Fraud Suits
- TERROR ON THE HIGHWAY: Shooting On I-95 In Boynton Beach, One Dead
- IT’S ALIVE! Tropical Depression Two Forms In Atlantic
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Storm Could Form Today
- Delray Beach Man Charged With Enhanced DUI
- BUSY: Hurricane Center Watching Two Systems
- Major Delays At Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport
- Sugar Sand Park Playground In Boca Raton To Close
- If Boca Raton’s Ricardo Ogorman Is Your Pot Dealer, Note He’s In Jail