Publix Says The Publix System Operated As Expected
BY: ANDREW COLTON | EDITOR AND PUBLISHER
Copyright ©2021 MetroDesk Media LLC
News App Readers Click Here For Full Story
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Publix wants you to know that the COVID-19 vaccination reservation didn’t “crash” this morning. It merely had to reflect that all reservations were filled. That’s the explanation provided to BocaNewsNow.com after we asked about the error message — with several code numbers — that appeared as thousands of seniors attempted to book appointments for the shot.
The good news: more slots open up on Friday.
Here’s the official statement received by BocaNewsNow.com from Publix Communications Director Maria Brous:
“To clarify, our site did not crash this morning.
The demand for the vaccine is tremendously high. At times as many as 250,000 customers were on our site during this morning’s scheduling event with 24,402 appointments booked in less than two hours. Starting Friday, January 22, after 6:00 a.m. EST more than 45,000 additional appointments will be available.
Our queuing process provides a way to manage extremely high volumes of traffic to our site while ensuring our digital reservation system remains stable. Our system has performed very well for the scheduling process. As we receive additional vaccines, we’ll continue to open the scheduler for additional appointments.”
Here’s the link to use at 6 a.m. on Friday. We’ll republish the address several times, but there’s no reason not to bookmark it now.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA COVID: Ventilator Use Rises As Hospitalizations Fall
- SEEMAN HOLTZ: As Fraud Investigation Continues, Court Assigns Monitor
- Boca Raton Man Charged With DUI, Resisting, Fleeing, More
- HURRICANE CENTER: Three Systems Forming East Of Florida Thursday
- WEST BOCA HIGH TEACHER REINSTATED AFTER IMAGE CONTROVERSY
- UPDATE: Seven Bridges Homeowner Turned Off WiFi To Prevent 911 Call After Battery
- FLORIDA: COVID Deaths Back Into 200s For Tuesday
- COVID: 5,000 CASES IN PALM BEACH COUNTY SCHOOLS
- HURRICANE CENTER: 90 Percent Chance System Forms East Of Florida