BY: STAFF REPORT
Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media LLC
News App Readers Click Here For Full Story
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Area ICUs are full or nearly full as the number of people hospitalized in Palm Beach County with COVID-19 continues to rise.
The Florida Agency for Health Care Administration reports that 444 people are hospitalized in Palm Beach County with a “primary diagnosis of COVID-19” as of 5:45 a.m. Friday, January 22nd, 2021. We remind our readers that number was in the 200s just before Christmas.
West Boca Medical Center reports that its ICU is completely full — 16 beds are in use with none available.
Bethesda West’s ICU is completely full — 10 ICU beds are in use with none available.
Wellington has just one ICU bed available. 27 ICU beds are in use.
Delray Medical Center is extremely full with 40 ICU beds in use and 12 available.
Boca Raton Regional Hospital reports 31 ICU beds in use with 10 available.
Statewide, combining ICU and regular beds, COVID-19 patients and general care patients, 50,359 hospital beds are in use with 11,791 available, or 18.97 percent. Public health officials say anything under 25 percent availability is concerning.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Chevy Silverado Step Collapses, Driver Sues Schumacher Automotive
- Florida’s COVID Numbers Are Not Getting Better
- For Drew Abruzzese, A Fall From Food Network To Palm Beach County Jail
- Missing Boynton Woman Found Dead, Man Arrested
- Arrest In Seven Bridges: Audi Blocked By Mercedes Leads To Assault Charge
- Amazing Photos: Two Tractor Trailers Crash On Turnpike Near Delray Beach
- Do You Live Near These Boca Raton Sex Offenders?
- Boca Raton’s Rex Baron Cited By Health Inspectors
- Popular Delray Beach Restaurant Sued Over Umbrella Incident