BY: STAFF REPORT
Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media LLC
News App Readers Click Here For Full Story
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The number of people in area ICUs appears to be at — or near — a record for the year since COVID began, as the number of people hospitalized with COVID in Palm Beach County is now at 442.
At 10 a.m. Saturday, West Boca Medical Center reports NO ICU beds available, with 18 in use.
Bethesda West reports NO ICU beds available with 11 in use.
Wellington reports 27 ICU beds in use with just 1 available.
Delray Medical Center reports 49 ICU beds in use with only 4 available — that appears to be an all-time high. Delray Medical is a trauma center. A trauma center with just 7.55 percent availability in an ICU is concerning.
Boca Raton Regional Hospital reports 31 ICU beds in use with 10 available.
Combining ICU with non-ICU, COVID patients with non-COVID patients, Palm Beach County currently has 3,578 hospital beds in use with 1,016 available.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Arrest In Seven Bridges: Audi Blocked By Mercedes Leads To Assault Charge
- Amazing Photos: Two Tractor Trailers Crash On Turnpike Near Delray Beach
- Do You Live Near These Boca Raton Sex Offenders?
- Boca Raton’s Rex Baron Cited By Health Inspectors
- Popular Delray Beach Restaurant Sued Over Umbrella Incident
- New Rules For COVID-19 Shots As Publix Again Takes Appointments
- Boca Raton Man Pleads Guilty To Posting Child Abuse Photos Of Toddler In His Care
- Alleged Boca Meth House Raided
- Face Of Historic Philadelphia-Area Tavern Arrested In Delray Beach