BY: STAFF REPORT
Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media LLC
News App Readers Click Here For Full Story
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The number of people in area ICUs appears to be at — or near — a record for the year since COVID began, as the number of people hospitalized with COVID in Palm Beach County is now at 442.
At 10 a.m. Saturday, West Boca Medical Center reports NO ICU beds available, with 18 in use.
Bethesda West reports NO ICU beds available with 11 in use.
Wellington reports 27 ICU beds in use with just 1 available.
Delray Medical Center reports 49 ICU beds in use with only 4 available — that appears to be an all-time high. Delray Medical is a trauma center. A trauma center with just 7.55 percent availability in an ICU is concerning.
Boca Raton Regional Hospital reports 31 ICU beds in use with 10 available.
Combining ICU with non-ICU, COVID patients with non-COVID patients, Palm Beach County currently has 3,578 hospital beds in use with 1,016 available.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- BUILDING COLLAPSE: List Of Everyone Who Owns In Champlain Towers
- Man Critically Injured At Boca Raton Wyndham Hotel, Sues
- MIAMI BEACH CONDO COLLAPSE: Rumors Spreading, Officials Say “Stop”
- National Hurricane Center: Tropical Depression Likely To Form
- I-95 In Boca Raton To Close Overnight Tonight
- Second DUI Arrest In Three Months For Boca’s Brooklyn Berman
- UPDATE: Boca Raton Police Respond To Shooting But Still Know Nothing
- HURRICANE CENTER: Wave Watching Continues, Another Expected To Form
- Delray Beach Father And Son Charged In Boynton Shooting, Witness Threat