Hospitalizations Continue To Rise, Many ICUs At Or Near Capacity
BY: STAFF REPORT
Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media LLC
News App Readers Click Here For Full Story
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — While COVID seems to be plateauing in some areas, that appears to not be the case in Palm Beach County. The Florida Agency for Health Care Administration reports that the number of people hospitalized with “a primary diagnosis of COVID-19” is now 453 — that’s recent high.
Area ICUs continue to be strained. West Boca Medical Center’s ICU is completely full with 17 beds in use and none available.
Bethesda West’s ICU is completely full — 10 beds are in use with none available.
Delray Medical Center — the area’s trauma center — is dangerously full. 47 ICU beds are in use at Delray Medical Center with only 4 beds available.
Boca Raton Regional reports 28 ICU beds in use with 13 available.
Statewide, combining COVID and non-covid, ICU and non-ICU: 48,283 hospital beds are in use with 13,641 available.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Arrest In Seven Bridges: Audi Blocked By Mercedes Leads To Assault Charge
- Amazing Photos: Two Tractor Trailers Crash On Turnpike Near Delray Beach
- Do You Live Near These Boca Raton Sex Offenders?
- Boca Raton’s Rex Baron Cited By Health Inspectors
- Popular Delray Beach Restaurant Sued Over Umbrella Incident
- New Rules For COVID-19 Shots As Publix Again Takes Appointments
- Boca Raton Man Pleads Guilty To Posting Child Abuse Photos Of Toddler In His Care
- Alleged Boca Meth House Raided
- Face Of Historic Philadelphia-Area Tavern Arrested In Delray Beach