BY: STAFF REPORT
Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media LLC
News App Readers Click Here For Full Story
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — COVID-19 vaccine distribution in Palm Beach County is exceptionally bad, confirmed by the latest numbers released by the Florida Department of Health.
In a county of 1.5-million people, only 117,742 shots have been administered. Just 7,313 of those shots are second doses. And only 13,815 of all the shots administered have ended up in the arm of someone 85 or older. There is no official report of how many were actually administered to people who live in the county. There is nothing stopping someone from Broward, Miami or even Duvall County — that’s Jacksonville — from getting a shot in Palm Beach County.
By age group as of Sunday night, January 24, 2021:
Age 16-24 — 1,035 shots administered, 94 complete.
Age 25-34 — 3,256 shots administered, 663 complete.
Age 35-44 — 4,444 shots administered, 1059 complete.
Age 55-64 — 8,655 shots administered, 1,376 complete.
Age 65-74 — 45,675 shots administered, 1,085 complete.
Age 75-84 — 34,999 shots administered, 761 complete
Age 85 and older: 13,815 shots administered, 707 complete.
The Florida Department of Health in Palm Beach County continues to have limited access to the COVID-19 vaccine. The next “online signup morning” for Publix is Wednesday, January 27th, starting at 6 a.m.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- GUILTY! Local FSU Student Convicted Of Federal Fraud, Conspiracy
- Masks Again On Agenda For Palm Beach County School Board
- POLICE: Driver Drives On Sidewalk, Kills Local Man, Hits Five Cars
- Fatal Crash In Gleneagles Country Club, Pedestrian Struck In Front Of Home
- Child Neglect, Hit and Run Charges For Boca Raton Woman
- Reminder: Masks Still Mandatory In Palm Beach County Schools
- Biergarten Boca Raton Sued, Drunk Dancer Falls On Woman
- TRAFFIC ALERT: Florida’s Turnpike To Close
- Heading To Disney World? No Masks Outside, Still Required Inside