BY: STAFF REPORT
Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media LLC
News App Readers Click Here For Full Story
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The owner of a Boca Raton gym is facing a major lawsuit from a landlord who claims the gym owes more than $1M in rent.
“Michael’s Powered By Busy Body Fitness” owes $1,332,329 according to the suit filed in Palm Beach County Circuit Court. The gym is located at 5994 SW 18th Street. The suit says payment is legally guaranteed by Ron Buckholz.
“Despite the demands by Plaintiff for said sum, Defendant RHJ LLC dab Michael’s Powered By Busy Body Fitness” has failed and refused to pay the amount due and owing Plaintiff,” states the suit. “There is now due and owing to Plaintiff by Defendant Ron Buckholz as guarantor, the sum of $1,332,329,83 jointly and severally with Defendant RHJ LLC dba Michael’s Powered By Busy Body Fitness.”
Buckholz, according to the suit, had just agreed to a “COVID” rent agreement that lowered the gym’s monthly rent considerably. The suit alleges, however, that the gym still defaulted.
The 13,500 foot facility is part of “The Shoppes at Village Pointe,” referenced as BOCA SVP, LLC.
Read the complete suit, with the lease agreements, below. If you are reading this in a news app, click here to access the document.gym_suit
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA SETS RECORD: 21,683 COVID CASES RECORDED ON FRIDAY
- Delray Beach Man Allegedly Held Knife To Wife, False Imprisonment Charge
- Heading To Airport? Yet Again, Fort Lauderdale Parking Is Packed
- EXCEPTIONALLY BAD: Florida Department Health COVID Report Is Dire
- Publix Mask Mandate Returns, Associates For Now, Customer Decision Pending
- CDC: PALM BEACH COUNTY POSITIVITY NOW 18 PERCENT
- Palm Beach County Clerk Now Mandates Masks At All Locations
- EXECUTIVE ORDER: DESANTIS BANS MASKS, THREATENS SCHOOL FUNDING
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: Parents Fear Masked Kids Will Be Bullied In School