BY: STAFF REPORT
Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media LLC
News App Readers Click Here For Full Story
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The owner of a Boca Raton gym is facing a major lawsuit from a landlord who claims the gym owes more than $1M in rent.
“Michael’s Powered By Busy Body Fitness” owes $1,332,329 according to the suit filed in Palm Beach County Circuit Court. The gym is located at 5994 SW 18th Street. The suit says payment is legally guaranteed by Ron Buckholz.
“Despite the demands by Plaintiff for said sum, Defendant RHJ LLC dab Michael’s Powered By Busy Body Fitness” has failed and refused to pay the amount due and owing Plaintiff,” states the suit. “There is now due and owing to Plaintiff by Defendant Ron Buckholz as guarantor, the sum of $1,332,329,83 jointly and severally with Defendant RHJ LLC dba Michael’s Powered By Busy Body Fitness.”
Buckholz, according to the suit, had just agreed to a “COVID” rent agreement that lowered the gym’s monthly rent considerably. The suit alleges, however, that the gym still defaulted.
The 13,500 foot facility is part of “The Shoppes at Village Pointe,” referenced as BOCA SVP, LLC.
Read the complete suit, with the lease agreements, below. If you are reading this in a news app, click here to access the document.gym_suit
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FEDS: South Florida Man Pleads Guilty To Medicare Fraud
- Crash On Turnpike Slowing Traffic In Boca Raton
- DeSantis, Self-Proclaimed “Education Governor,” Tightens Stranglehold On State Colleges
- Living Room Theater At FAU To Permanently Close
- TRAFFIC ALERT: I-95 At Yamato To Close In Boca Raton
- Rocco’s Tacos Delray Beach Cited For Ten Violations During Health Inspection
- SEVEN BRIDGES HOMEOWNER WITH LACERATED NECK WAS FOUND COVERED IN WHITE POWDER
- TODAY: Diverging Diamond Opens At Glades Road And I-95 In Boca Raton
- Boca Raton Woman Jailed, Allegedly Pointed Gun At Man, Bit Him On Neck