BY: STAFF REPORT
Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media LLC
News App Readers Click Here For Full Story
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — ICUs remain at dangerously high levels in Boca Raton, Delray Beach and throughout South Palm Beach County.
As of 6:21 a.m. Wednesday, January 27th, the Florida Agency for Health Care Administration reports 441 people are hospitalized with a “primary diagnosis of COVID-19” in Palm Beach County.
West Boca Medical Center’s ICU is completely full with 17 beds in use.
Delray Medical Center reports 44 ICU beds in use with just 8 available. Delray Medical Center is the area’s trauma center — a 15 percent ICU bed availability is concerning.
Bethesda West reports 8 ICU beds in use with 2 available.
Boca Raton Regional Hospital reports 38 ICU beds available with just 3 available. That’s 7 percent.
Wellington Medical Center reports 26 ICU beds in use with just 2 available.
Statewide, combining COVID and Non-COVID cases, 5,197 ICU beds are in use with 1,037 (16 percent) available.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Glades Road Now Completely Closed Until Monday Morning
- LYONS ROAD NIGHTMARE, CONSTRUCTION LIKELY TO CONTINUE INTO SUMMER
- STRANGER THINGS: Man With Slit Neck Found On Seven Bridges Tennis Court
- BOCA RATON: COMPLETE GLADES ROAD CLOSURE STARTS TONIGHT
- North Broward Crash Leaves One Person Dead, Circumstances Investigated
- KINGS POINT ARREST: Second Arrest Of Year Is Battery Charge
- Nursing School Scam Leads To Indictments For Palm Beach County Residents
- Life In Prison For Best Buy Delivery Man Who Killed, Burned Boca Raton Woman
- SEVEN BRIDGES DELRAY $7M FEDERAL DISCRIMINATION TRIAL EXPECTED IN MARCH