BY: STAFF REPORT
Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media LLC
News App Readers Click Here For Full Story
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — ICUs remain at dangerously high levels in Boca Raton, Delray Beach and throughout South Palm Beach County.
As of 6:21 a.m. Wednesday, January 27th, the Florida Agency for Health Care Administration reports 441 people are hospitalized with a “primary diagnosis of COVID-19” in Palm Beach County.
West Boca Medical Center’s ICU is completely full with 17 beds in use.
Delray Medical Center reports 44 ICU beds in use with just 8 available. Delray Medical Center is the area’s trauma center — a 15 percent ICU bed availability is concerning.
Bethesda West reports 8 ICU beds in use with 2 available.
Boca Raton Regional Hospital reports 38 ICU beds available with just 3 available. That’s 7 percent.
Wellington Medical Center reports 26 ICU beds in use with just 2 available.
Statewide, combining COVID and Non-COVID cases, 5,197 ICU beds are in use with 1,037 (16 percent) available.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA SETS RECORD: 21,683 COVID CASES RECORDED ON FRIDAY
- Delray Beach Man Allegedly Held Knife To Wife, False Imprisonment Charge
- Heading To Airport? Yet Again, Fort Lauderdale Parking Is Packed
- EXCEPTIONALLY BAD: Florida Department Health COVID Report Is Dire
- Publix Mask Mandate Returns, Associates For Now, Customer Decision Pending
- CDC: PALM BEACH COUNTY POSITIVITY NOW 18 PERCENT
- Palm Beach County Clerk Now Mandates Masks At All Locations
- EXECUTIVE ORDER: DESANTIS BANS MASKS, THREATENS SCHOOL FUNDING
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: Parents Fear Masked Kids Will Be Bullied In School