BY: STAFF REPORT
Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media LLC
News App Readers Click Here For Full Story
PALM BEACH COUNTY, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — An unspecified Garnier hair care product allegedly injured a Palm Beach County woman. The injury is now the subject of a lawsuit just filed in Palm Beach County Circuit Court.
According to the filing, Carla Lewis used the Garnier hair product on October 7, 2019. “As she used the product,” claims the suit, “she severely injured her scalp and suffered loss of hair.”
The suit says “the Garnier product came without any and/or sufficient warnings or instructions on how to safely use the product … (and without) warnings concerning the dangers it posed by using the product which could cause serious injuries by the user including scalp burns and loss of hair.”
“As a direct and proximate result of the defective condition,” wrote attorneys, “Carla Lewis was injured in and bout her body and extremities. She suffered an aggravation of a known or unknown pre-existing condition or disease, suffered severe pain therefrom; incurred medical and hospital expenses; suffered physical handicap; suffered permanent scarring and disfigurement; her working ability was impaired; and she suffered a permanent and significant loss of important bodily functions. Said injuries are permanent and continuing in nature, and the Plaintiff, Carla Lewis, will suffer such losses and impairments in the future.”
There was no immediate response filed by Garnier.
We note that Ms. Lewis also has an active suit against Jupiter Resort, LLC, where that suit claims she “cut her finger in the subject property.”
Both suits are filed by Carissa Kranz, an attorney in Palm Beach Gardens.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palm Beach School District Reveals FSA Testing Dates, But Is Lawsuit In Works?
- DEVELOPING: Lyons Road Closed In Delray Due To Crash Involving Bicycle
- Boca Raton Doctor Max Citrin Jailed On Insurance Fraud Charge
- Suspended License? Palm Beach County Waives Fees For One Week
- Nearly 3000 COVID Cases In Palm Beach County Schools
- Health Inspectors Shut Max’s Grille In January
- Delray Man Charged With Ordering Drugs Online, Nabbed By Postal Inspector
- Boynton Beach Woman Missing, Police Seek Help
- Local Man Wins $1M In Florida Lottery