It’s Like ValuJet Crashing 10 Times.
Pediatric Positivity Rate In Palm Beach County Sets Record
BY: STAFF REPORT
Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media LLC
News App Readers Click Here For Full Story
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Imagine ValuJet 592 crashing nearly 10 times. That’s one way to interpret the 1,090 killed by COVID-19 in Florida over the past week. 110 died when the plane plummeted into the Florida Everglades in May of 1996. There have been an average of 156 deaths every day in Florida from COVID for the past 7 days.
The infection count has also risen astronomically in the past week, with 58,656 COVID-19 cases being added to Florida’s total.
Statewide, 1,698,570 people have tested positive for COVID-19. The death count is 26,254.
In Palm Beach County, 105,540 people have tested positive for COVID-19. 2,166 have died. The positivity rate for Thursday’s testing is 12.22 percent — the highest in at least two weeks.
The pediatric positivity rate for Palm Beach County is now at an all time high: 14.2 percent.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palm Beach County School Board Members Silent On Mask Mandates
- Seven Bridges Homeowner Sentenced To Six Years In Federal Prison
- CDC Says All School Students Should Wear Masks Indoors, School District Ignores
- CDC Expected To Tell Floridians To Mask Up, Even If Vaccinated
- Four “High Priority” Violations For Ben’s Kosher Deli In West Boca Raton
- Man Who Claims To Be Worth $27M Again Refuses To Pay Dinner Check
- Lyndsey Kennedy, Found In Delray Drain In March, Now Jailed
- SEVEN BRIDGES: Swingers, Seniors Fight Stability For Soul Of Community
- COVID ALERT: Palm Beach County Elevated To Critical