It’s Like ValuJet Crashing 10 Times.
Pediatric Positivity Rate In Palm Beach County Sets Record
BY: STAFF REPORT
Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media LLC
News App Readers Click Here For Full Story
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Imagine ValuJet 592 crashing nearly 10 times. That’s one way to interpret the 1,090 killed by COVID-19 in Florida over the past week. 110 died when the plane plummeted into the Florida Everglades in May of 1996. There have been an average of 156 deaths every day in Florida from COVID for the past 7 days.
The infection count has also risen astronomically in the past week, with 58,656 COVID-19 cases being added to Florida’s total.
Statewide, 1,698,570 people have tested positive for COVID-19. The death count is 26,254.
In Palm Beach County, 105,540 people have tested positive for COVID-19. 2,166 have died. The positivity rate for Thursday’s testing is 12.22 percent — the highest in at least two weeks.
The pediatric positivity rate for Palm Beach County is now at an all time high: 14.2 percent.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PALM BEACH COUNTY DECLARES STATE OF EMERGENCY
- HURRICANE IAN: Schools Open But Heavy Rain, Strong Rain Expected In South Florida
- DEAD IN VALENCIA FALLS: Woman Drives Into Garage, Backs Into House, Utility Pole
- Loggers’ Run Boca Raton Forecloses On Homeowner Over $777
- CAR THEFTS: POLICE FRUSTRATED WITH SEVEN BRIDGES, LOTUS BOARDS
- HURRICANE IAN MAY PACK 130 MPH WINDS AS IT APPROACHES FLORIDA
- IAN: PALM BEACH COUNTY WARNS OF HEAVY RAIN, TORNADOES
- REMINDER: All Schools Closed In Palm Beach County Monday
- IAN TRACK SHIFTS, BUT SOUTH FLORIDA TOLD UNCERTAINTY HIGH