It’s Like ValuJet Crashing 10 Times.
Pediatric Positivity Rate In Palm Beach County Sets Record
BY: STAFF REPORT
Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media LLC
News App Readers Click Here For Full Story
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Imagine ValuJet 592 crashing nearly 10 times. That’s one way to interpret the 1,090 killed by COVID-19 in Florida over the past week. 110 died when the plane plummeted into the Florida Everglades in May of 1996. There have been an average of 156 deaths every day in Florida from COVID for the past 7 days.
The infection count has also risen astronomically in the past week, with 58,656 COVID-19 cases being added to Florida’s total.
Statewide, 1,698,570 people have tested positive for COVID-19. The death count is 26,254.
In Palm Beach County, 105,540 people have tested positive for COVID-19. 2,166 have died. The positivity rate for Thursday’s testing is 12.22 percent — the highest in at least two weeks.
The pediatric positivity rate for Palm Beach County is now at an all time high: 14.2 percent.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA TREND ENDS: COVID Positivity Rises
- ALERT: Florida Freedom Keepers Plans Rally At Patch Reef Park, Authorities Warn
- Hit and Run Charge Filed Against Delray Beach Man
- GOOD COVID NEWS FLORIDA? All Numbers Dropping
- Enhanced DUI Charge Filed Against Boca Raton Woman
- CLAIM: Woman Critically Injured In Boca Raton Town Center Mall Lot
- Teacher Union: Keep Masks In Palm Beach Schools
- New Mask Policy In Palm Beach County School District
- ALLEGATION: Home Depot Botched $16K Storm Window Install, Ignoring Inspectors