Teacher In-Service Day Long Planned As Schools Hit More Than 2000 COVID Cases, 742 Since Winter Break.
BY: STAFF REPORT
Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media LLC
News App Readers Click Here For Full Story
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A reminder for parents of students in the Palm Beach County School District: there is no school on Monday, February 1, 2021.
The day off has been on the calendar for months, but many parents contacting BocaNewsNow.com are expressing surprise. It is scheduled as a teacher in-service day as the first semester officially comes to a close and the second semester begins.
Things may look different in school when it resume on February 2nd. That’s when another 15,000 students are expected to return to “in school” learning. Most students, however, will continue to learn from home. The Palm Beach County School District tells us that just 48 percent of the student population — give or take — will be taking part in “brick and mortar” learning. Everyone else — more than 50 percent of the 180,000 student body — will continue with distance learning.
There is certainly reason to consider staying home: the school district now reports 2,010 confirmed cases of COVID-19 since mid-September with 742 new cases since school resumed on January 4th.
While there is no school Monday, note that school continues for the rest of the month. There are no scheduled days off for the Presidents’ Day holiday weekend.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Police: Man Slams Car Into Pedestrian, Drags Him To Death
- FLORIDA COVID: Big Jump In New Infections, But It’s Not All Bad News
- Will COVID Shot Be Mandatory For Palm Beach County School Students?
- Strangulation Charge Filed Against Boca Raton Man
- University of Miami Fined $22M For False Billing
- Masks Not On Next Palm Beach County School Board Agenda
- CLAIM: Boca Raton Investment Firm Defrauded Seniors, Took 4.2M In PPP Funds
- POLO CLUB BOCA: Palm Beach County Alleges Building Permit Fraud
- POLICE: Woman Sold Cocaine Near Delray Beach School