Charged, But Not Jailed…Some Guys Have All The Luck…
Hearing Set For March 26th. Follows 2019 Incident At Breakers.
BY: STAFF REPORT
Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media LLC
News App Readers Click Here For Full Story
PALM BEACH COUNTY, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Singer Rod Stewart, whose full name is Roderick David Stewart, has received a Palm Beach County Court hearing notice for March 26th.
Stewart, 76, is charged with simple battery following an altercation at the Breakers back on December 31st, 2019. Stewart is alleged to have punched someone working at the hotel who wouldn’t let members of Stewart’s family into a private event.
“I made contact with Roderick Stewart,” wrote the PBSO Deputy in the report, “who stated he and his family approached the check-in table and attempted to have the children in their group gain access. R. Stewart stated that after being denied access, (the victim) became argumentative with his family, which in turn caused them to become agitated. R. Stewart apologized for his behavior in the incident.”
Read the complete police report, AND the notice to appear, below. If you are reading in a news app, just click here. The incident has been working its way through the Palm Beach County legal system for a year and a few weeks.
Stewart is represented locally by Boca Raton powerhouse defense attorney Guy Fronstin.
Today’s court action was first reported by the Sun Sentinel, although the Clerk’s office contradicts the Sun Sentinel’s reporting by stating the case is not yet complete.rod_stewart
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- DeSantis Again Declares Victory Over CDC Cruise Restrictions
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely To Form Within Days Near Florida
- Boca Raton Woman Drives Without Tire, FaceTimes During DUI Stop
- Fort Lauderdale Airport Again At Capacity, Off-Site Parking Opens
- FLORIDA COVID DISASTER: CDC Reveals 12K New Cases Wednesday, 60K In Week
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Drifting, Formation Chance Increases
- Boynton Beach Police To Shut Major Road For Investigation
- Boca Raton Man Charged With Driving During Zoom Court Hearing
- Florida’s Turnpike Remains Closed, Tractor Trailer Into Canal In Boynton Beach