BY: STAFF REPORT
Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media LLC
News App Readers Click Here For Full Story
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The number of people hospitalized in Palm Bach County with a primary diagnosis of COVID-19 is trending down. The Florida Agency for Health Care Administration reports 410 people are hospitalized as of 7:30 a.m. Sunday.
While the news is seemingly good, a look at South Palm Beach County ICUs suggests trouble continues.
Delray Medical Center, the area’s trauma center, reports 49 ICU beds are in use as of 7:30 Sunday morning, with just 3 available. While there is no suggestion that all patients are COVID patients, this is an astonishingly high ICU census for what is best described as the area’s crisis hospital. A car crash with four critical victims would push the ICU past capacity.
West Boca Medical Center reports 14 ICU beds in use with just 2 available.
Boca Raton Regional Hospital reports 33 ICU beds in use with 8 available.
Bethesda West reports 5 ICU beds in use with 5 available.
Wellington reports 24 ICU beds in use with 4 available.
In all of Palm Beach County, 302 ICU beds are in use with 101 — roughly 25 percent available. Statewide, combining ICU and non-ICU, COVID and non-COVID patients, there are 48,253 beds in use with 13,796 available.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA SETS RECORD: 21,683 COVID CASES RECORDED ON FRIDAY
- Delray Beach Man Allegedly Held Knife To Wife, False Imprisonment Charge
- Heading To Airport? Yet Again, Fort Lauderdale Parking Is Packed
- EXCEPTIONALLY BAD: Florida Department Health COVID Report Is Dire
- Publix Mask Mandate Returns, Associates For Now, Customer Decision Pending
- CDC: PALM BEACH COUNTY POSITIVITY NOW 18 PERCENT
- Palm Beach County Clerk Now Mandates Masks At All Locations
- EXECUTIVE ORDER: DESANTIS BANS MASKS, THREATENS SCHOOL FUNDING
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: Parents Fear Masked Kids Will Be Bullied In School