BY: STAFF REPORT
Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media LLC
News App Readers Click Here For Full Story
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The number of people hospitalized in Palm Bach County with a primary diagnosis of COVID-19 is trending down. The Florida Agency for Health Care Administration reports 410 people are hospitalized as of 7:30 a.m. Sunday.
While the news is seemingly good, a look at South Palm Beach County ICUs suggests trouble continues.
Delray Medical Center, the area’s trauma center, reports 49 ICU beds are in use as of 7:30 Sunday morning, with just 3 available. While there is no suggestion that all patients are COVID patients, this is an astonishingly high ICU census for what is best described as the area’s crisis hospital. A car crash with four critical victims would push the ICU past capacity.
West Boca Medical Center reports 14 ICU beds in use with just 2 available.
Boca Raton Regional Hospital reports 33 ICU beds in use with 8 available.
Bethesda West reports 5 ICU beds in use with 5 available.
Wellington reports 24 ICU beds in use with 4 available.
In all of Palm Beach County, 302 ICU beds are in use with 101 — roughly 25 percent available. Statewide, combining ICU and non-ICU, COVID and non-COVID patients, there are 48,253 beds in use with 13,796 available.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boynton Beach Man Held On $50K Bond For Obscene Material Viewing, Sending
- KINSA: Palm Beach County Drops From Critical To High Risk
- Palm Beach School District Reveals FSA Testing Dates, But Is Lawsuit In Works?
- DEVELOPING: Lyons Road Closed In Delray Due To Crash Involving Bicycle
- Boca Raton Doctor Max Citrin Jailed On Insurance Fraud Charge
- Suspended License? Palm Beach County Waives Fees For One Week
- Nearly 3000 COVID Cases In Palm Beach County Schools
- Health Inspectors Shut Max’s Grille In January
- Delray Man Charged With Ordering Drugs Online, Nabbed By Postal Inspector