BY: STAFF REPORT
Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media LLC
News App Readers Click Here For Full Story
DEERFIELD BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: Verbatim Media Advisory) — Broward Sheriff’s Office traffic homicide detectives are investigating a single vehicle crash that killed a Coconut Creek man on Saturday afternoon in Deerfield Beach.
Shortly after noon on Jan. 30, BSO detectives responded to Southwest 10th Street just west of Waterways Boulevard in Deerfield Beach. Preliminary investigation reveals that a motorcycle driver, Liam Lexis Reyes, 28, was traveling westbound in the right turn only lane at a high rate of speed. As the roadway curved, Reyes drove off the road and onto the grass.
Reyes was ejected from the motorcycle and came to rest against a nearby fence.
Broward Sheriff Fire Rescue responded to the scene and transported Reyes to a nearby hospital, where he was pronounced deceased.
Evidence collected as part of the investigation reveals that two vehicles, including a white Dodge Charger, were directly behind the motorcycle in the moments before the crash.
Traffic homicide detectives would like to speak with the drivers of those vehicles as part of the crash investigation.
If you have any information on this incident, contact BSO Traffic Homicide Detective Sherry Slagle-Grant at 954-321-4843 or, if you wish to remain anonymous, contact Broward Crime Stoppers at 954-493-TIPS (8477) or online at browardcrimestoppers.org.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA TREND ENDS: COVID Positivity Rises
- ALERT: Florida Freedom Keepers Plans Rally At Patch Reef Park, Authorities Warn
- Hit and Run Charge Filed Against Delray Beach Man
- GOOD COVID NEWS FLORIDA? All Numbers Dropping
- Enhanced DUI Charge Filed Against Boca Raton Woman
- CLAIM: Woman Critically Injured In Boca Raton Town Center Mall Lot
- Teacher Union: Keep Masks In Palm Beach Schools
- New Mask Policy In Palm Beach County School District
- ALLEGATION: Home Depot Botched $16K Storm Window Install, Ignoring Inspectors