Frustrated Seniors Confused By Florida’s Second Shot Policy. Asking For Help, Receiving None.
BY: STAFF REPORT
Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media LLC
News App Readers Click Here For Full Story
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — If you didn’t get your first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine from Florida Department of Health in Palm Beach County, you’re not getting your second dose from the department, either.
Frustrated seniors finding problems with Publix or the very few other official distributors are turning to county health officials for help. But the county is saying “go away.” You can only receive your second dose from the same place that you received your first dose.
This language now appears on the Florida Department of Health for Palm Beach County’s website:
I am in need of my second dose but do not have an appointment. When will I receive my second dose?
If you originally received your first dose through DOH-Palm Beach, (not the Health Care District), we will contact you to schedule your second dose no later than 3 weeks since your first dose.
If you did not receive your first dose from DOH-Palm Beach, you will need to get your second dose from wherever you received your first dose, or by some other option.
Due to lack of supply, DOH-Palm Beach is unfortunately unable to provide second doses to those who did not receive their first dose from us.
As we reported last week, health officials are saying do NOT use the State of Florida’s new reservation system. Palm Beach County will ignore those reservations until it fulfills reservations already made — no one knows when that will be. To make it even more confusing, Publix continues its troubled vaccine reservation system. The next opportunity for seniors to book Publix appointments is Wednesday morning at 6 a.m.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA COVID: Ventilator Use Rises As Hospitalizations Fall
- SEEMAN HOLTZ: As Fraud Investigation Continues, Court Assigns Monitor
- Boca Raton Man Charged With DUI, Resisting, Fleeing, More
- HURRICANE CENTER: Three Systems Forming East Of Florida Thursday
- WEST BOCA HIGH TEACHER REINSTATED AFTER IMAGE CONTROVERSY
- UPDATE: Seven Bridges Homeowner Turned Off WiFi To Prevent 911 Call After Battery
- FLORIDA: COVID Deaths Back Into 200s For Tuesday
- COVID: 5,000 CASES IN PALM BEACH COUNTY SCHOOLS
- HURRICANE CENTER: 90 Percent Chance System Forms East Of Florida