Palm Beach County School Board Approves 2021-2022 School Calendar
BY: STAFF REPORT
Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Palm Beach County School Board Wednesday evening approved a dramatically shortened summer as part of the 2021-2022 school calendar.
[If you are reading in a news app and the calendar does not appear, please visit BocaNewsNow.com for the full story, documents and photos on the web].
Under the plan that is now official, school will start on August 10th, just seven weeks after it ends on June 18th.
The new calendar returns the school district to a pre-COVID world, starting in early August and finishing the year on May 26th.
The approved calendar is the first calendar that was proposed by Superintendent Donald Fennoy when the process began. It came under fire from parents complaining that kids needed a longer summer after a year of COVID. But the School Board sided with the Superintendent and determined the best plan is to have students enjoy a shortened summer and return to school quickly, hoping to make up for educational opportunities lost during the pandemic.
The expectation is that all students will return to school in August.
The 2021-2020 calendar also features a shortened winter break of just slightly more than week.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- UPDATE: Boca Raton Resident Shot Guest In Leg
- FAU STUDY: Great Way To Avoid Dying In Car Crash Is Working From Home
- SHOOTING IN BOCA RATON: Police On Scene, Gunman On Loose
- HURRICANE CENTER: Bill To Dissipate, But There’s Another System To Watch
- COPS: Boca Raton Man Hid Cocaine In Vitamin Container
- POLICE: Female Juvenile Chased, Attacked Near Jog Road
- SOUTHWEST AIRLINES: Major Delays and Cancellations Systemwide
- FEDERAL LAWSUIT: Woodfield Country Club Sued For Discrimination
- Tropical Storm Bill Forms, Two Other Systems Watched