BY: STAFF REPORT
Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Pay up or get out. That’s the message Boca Center is sending to the owners of Giano Gelato. The gelato shop allegedly owes tens of thousands of dollars in back rent.
[If you are reading in a news app, click here for the full story, documents and photos on the BocaNewsNow.com website].
According to a lawsuit just filed in Palm Beach County Circuit Court, Hernan and Adrian Gianelli — the owners of Giano Gelato — are in serious default of their $4,462.27 month a rent lease. The lease started in 2016. While the total back-owed amount is not stated in the lawsuit, you can’t sue in circuit court for under $30,000.
“Landlord served Tenant with a Notice of Default, Demand to Cure and Acceleration of Rent dated January 14, 2021, demanding that Tenant pay Rent,” states the filing. “Tenant has failed and refused to make payment.”
Boca Center also wants the shop gone.
“Tenant has defaulted on its obligations under the Lease and said default under the Lease entitles Landlord to enforcement and foreclosure of its landlords lien pursuant to the Lease and Florida Statutes.”
No immediate response was filed by Giano Gelato with the Court. The case is Boca Center at Military LLC vs H&A Gelato, LLC. We are publishing the complete filing below. If it does not appear in your news app, just visit BocaNewsNow.com for the complete report.giano-gelato
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- UPDATE: Boca Raton Resident Shot Guest In Leg
- FAU STUDY: Great Way To Avoid Dying In Car Crash Is Working From Home
- SHOOTING IN BOCA RATON: Police On Scene, Gunman On Loose
- HURRICANE CENTER: Bill To Dissipate, But There’s Another System To Watch
- COPS: Boca Raton Man Hid Cocaine In Vitamin Container
- POLICE: Female Juvenile Chased, Attacked Near Jog Road
- SOUTHWEST AIRLINES: Major Delays and Cancellations Systemwide
- FEDERAL LAWSUIT: Woodfield Country Club Sued For Discrimination
- Tropical Storm Bill Forms, Two Other Systems Watched