BY: STAFF REPORT
Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Pay up or get out. That’s the message Boca Center is sending to the owners of Giano Gelato. The gelato shop allegedly owes tens of thousands of dollars in back rent.
[If you are reading in a news app, click here for the full story, documents and photos on the BocaNewsNow.com website].
According to a lawsuit just filed in Palm Beach County Circuit Court, Hernan and Adrian Gianelli — the owners of Giano Gelato — are in serious default of their $4,462.27 month a rent lease. The lease started in 2016. While the total back-owed amount is not stated in the lawsuit, you can’t sue in circuit court for under $30,000.
“Landlord served Tenant with a Notice of Default, Demand to Cure and Acceleration of Rent dated January 14, 2021, demanding that Tenant pay Rent,” states the filing. “Tenant has failed and refused to make payment.”
Boca Center also wants the shop gone.
“Tenant has defaulted on its obligations under the Lease and said default under the Lease entitles Landlord to enforcement and foreclosure of its landlords lien pursuant to the Lease and Florida Statutes.”
No immediate response was filed by Giano Gelato with the Court. The case is Boca Center at Military LLC vs H&A Gelato, LLC. We are publishing the complete filing below. If it does not appear in your news app, just visit BocaNewsNow.com for the complete report.giano-gelato
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- GOOD COVID NEWS FLORIDA? All Numbers Dropping
- Enhanced DUI Charge Filed Against Boca Raton Woman
- CLAIM: Woman Critically Injured In Boca Raton Town Center Mall Lot
- Teacher Union: Keep Masks In Palm Beach Schools
- New Mask Policy In Palm Beach County School District
- ALLEGATION: Home Depot Botched $16K Storm Window Install, Ignoring Inspectors
- Woman Vomits In Town Center Mall Parking Lot, Is Charged With DUI
- COVID FLORIDA: Positivity Drops Into 4’s For First Time In Months, But Infections Rising
- Publix Ignores Maskless Woman As Stunned Shoppers Ask Her To Cover Mouth, Nose