BY: STAFF REPORT
Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC
POMPANO BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: BSO Media Advisory Verbatim) — Broward Sheriff’s Office traffic homicide detectives are investigating a multi-vehicle crash that killed a woman in Pompano Beach on Saturday morning.
[If you are reading in a news app, click here for the full story, documents and photos on the BocaNewsNow.com website].
Shortly before 10 a.m. on Jan. 30, BSO deputies responded to a crash in the 2400 block of North Dixie Highway in Pompano Beach. According to traffic homicide detectives, the driver of a Ford Explorer, Ronald Campbell, was heading southbound on North Dixie Highway when he sideswiped a Chevrolet Silverado, which was also heading southbound. After the initial impact, Campbell continued heading southbound and struck a Mitsubishi Outlander, driven by Margaret Healy. Healy was stopped at a traffic signal at North Dixie Highway and East Copans Road.
The impact with the Outlander pushed the vehicle forward and set off a chain reaction crash in which four other cars stopped at the traffic signal were also impacted. Pompano Beach Fire Rescue transported Healy and Campbell to area hospitals. Healy died at the hospital. The investigation into the crash is ongoing.
Crash Specifics, according to BSO:
Place of Occurrence:2400 block of North Dixie Highway, Pompano Beach
Driver 1:Ronald Campbell, 63, male, Pompano Beach
Driver 2:Francis Fox, 64, male, Pompano Beach
Driver 3:Margaret Mary Healy, 71, 11/22/49, female, 700 S.E. Sixth Ave., Boca Raton (DECEASED)
Driver 4:Paul Thompkins, 60, male, Boca RatonDriver 5:Kendia Jenkins, 35, female, Pompano BeachDriver 6:Guerline Derilus, 34, female, Deerfield BeachDriver 7:Danny McBraz, 54, male, Coconut Creek
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palm Beach School District Reveals FSA Testing Dates, But Is Lawsuit In Works?
- DEVELOPING: Lyons Road Closed In Delray Due To Crash Involving Bicycle
- Boca Raton Doctor Max Citrin Jailed On Insurance Fraud Charge
- Suspended License? Palm Beach County Waives Fees For One Week
- Nearly 3000 COVID Cases In Palm Beach County Schools
- Health Inspectors Shut Max’s Grille In January
- Delray Man Charged With Ordering Drugs Online, Nabbed By Postal Inspector
- Boynton Beach Woman Missing, Police Seek Help
- Local Man Wins $1M In Florida Lottery