BY: STAFF REPORT
Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: Comcast Media Advisory Verbatim) — Florida is getting faster internet service from Comcast at no additional cost. Comcast is increasing the speeds of two of its fastest growing internet tiers in Florida, reflecting the growing trend of customers wanting faster speeds as many are working or attending school virtually.
Effective immediately, Xfinity Extreme customers throughout Florida will see their download speed increase from 300 Mbps to 400 Mbps. In addition, Extreme Pro internet customers will see speeds increase from 600 Mbps to 800 Mbps later in the first quarter of 2021.
These upgrades will be made at no additional cost to customers without the need for new equipment.
For the second time in less than 12 months, Comcast is also increasing the speed of its Internet Essentials service to 50 Mbps downstream (up from 25 Mbps) and 5 Mbps upstream (up from 3 Mbps). This is for all new and existing customers and it comes at no additional cost, which remains today what it was ten years ago – $9.95/month.
Next month, Comcast will also introduce the fastest speed over WiFi available throughout Florida. Customers will be able to take advantage of advanced WiFi technology capable of delivering speeds faster than a Gig. These increased speeds will better support the increasing number of connected devices in their homes and allow customers to do more of the streaming, gaming and surfing they enjoy.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Delray Beach Police Officer Arrested
- IT’S ALIVE: Hurricane Hunter Finds Circulation In System Near Florida
- Lotus Boca Raton Homeowner Sued For Spreading Rumors About Neighbor
- Palm Beach County COVID Hospitalizations Jump
- FLORIDA: Tropical Depression Now Likely To Form
- DeSantis Again Declares Victory Over CDC Cruise Restrictions
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely To Form Within Days Near Florida
- Boca Raton Woman Drives Without Tire, FaceTimes During DUI Stop
- Fort Lauderdale Airport Again At Capacity, Off-Site Parking Opens