On The Menu: Hot Dogs and Drugs, According To Broward Sheriff’s Office
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
POMPANO BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — This report provided verbatim from BSO — Broward Sheriff’s Office detectives say there was more on the menu at a Pompano Beach restaurant than just Chicago-style hot dogs, pizza and chili.
(If you are reading this in a news app, click here to access the full report, with documents and images, on BocaNewsNow.com).
According to BSO’s Strategic Investigations Division and the Pompano Beach Crime Suppression Team, restaurateur Louis Younglove Sr. not only served up hot dogs with fixings. He helped some people get their fix by peddling drugs. BSO detectives culminated a monthslong investigation on Thursday, Feb. 4 when they conducted a traffic stop on Younglove at 334 S.E. 15th St. in the parking lot of his restaurant, Chi-Town Chicago Italian Beef & Hot Dogs.
Inside a duffle bag in Younglove’s car, detectives found a smorgasbord of illegal drugs – cocaine, fentanyl, ecstasy, marijuana and various prescription drugs. Detectives also found more than $18,000 in cash. Younglove’s son, Adam, was a passenger in the car. He was found in possession of fentanyl and marijuana and was arrested.
On the same day, detectives served a search warrant at Younglove’s Oakland Park home and discovered even more illegal narcotics inside, as well as nearly half a million dollars in cash.
Using a myriad of investigative techniques, BSO disrupted this major narcotics operation and ended the days of Chi-Town being “High-Town” for drug seekers. As a result of the investigation, Younglove Sr. faces more than a dozen criminal charges and is currently being held in jail.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boynton Beach Man Held On $50K Bond For Obscene Material Viewing, Sending
- KINSA: Palm Beach County Drops From Critical To High Risk
- Palm Beach School District Reveals FSA Testing Dates, But Is Lawsuit In Works?
- DEVELOPING: Lyons Road Closed In Delray Due To Crash Involving Bicycle
- Boca Raton Doctor Max Citrin Jailed On Insurance Fraud Charge
- Suspended License? Palm Beach County Waives Fees For One Week
- Nearly 3000 COVID Cases In Palm Beach County Schools
- Health Inspectors Shut Max’s Grille In January
- Delray Man Charged With Ordering Drugs Online, Nabbed By Postal Inspector