Palm Beach County Commission Must Approve, Expected To Vote Tuesday
BY: STAFF REPORT | Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC
WEST PALM BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — (Source: Verbatim From Commissioner Robert Weinroth) — Vice Mayor Robert S. Weinroth announced the Board of County Commissioners will vote on opening a COVID-19 testing room for passengers at Palm Beach International Airport at their board meeting on Tuesday, Feb. 9.
(If you are reading this in a news app, click here to access the full report, with documents and images, on BocaNewsNow.com).
“I plan on supporting this since it offers convenient safety measures for travelers, airport and airline employees,” said Weinroth.
“Travelers have requested these services be available, and we recognize the importance of having a testing facility onboard under these circumstances,” he added.
If approved, Palm Springs-based Helix Virtual Inc. will offer tests limited to passengers with documented travel itineraries within 72 hours of the test and airport employees, including employees of airlines and service providers.
All testing services will be provided on a voluntary basis. Results of PCR tests are anticipated to be available within approximately 24 hours of testing, and rapid test results are generally less than 30 minutes.
Helix will also be providing minor, non-emergent medical care services at the PBIA location, including telehealth medicine and wellness evaluations and screening.
When a customer is self-paying without insurance coverage, the maximum charge to the customer will be $125.00 per test.
If approved by a majority of the commission, the testing site will open next week on the east end of the second level of the terminal near Concourse C. The initial hours are planned to be from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
The lease agreement will generate over $4,900 per month in rental income for PBIA.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palm Beach County School Board Members Silent On Mask Mandates
- Seven Bridges Homeowner Sentenced To Six Years In Federal Prison
- CDC Says All School Students Should Wear Masks Indoors, School District Ignores
- CDC Expected To Tell Floridians To Mask Up, Even If Vaccinated
- Four “High Priority” Violations For Ben’s Kosher Deli In West Boca Raton
- Man Who Claims To Be Worth $27M Again Refuses To Pay Dinner Check
- Lyndsey Kennedy, Found In Delray Drain In March, Now Jailed
- SEVEN BRIDGES: Swingers, Seniors Fight Stability For Soul Of Community
- COVID ALERT: Palm Beach County Elevated To Critical