BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The Palm Beach County Commission has approved a contract with a medical vendor to provide rapid COVID-19 testing at Palm Beach International Airport.
(If you are reading this in a news app, click here to access the full report, with documents and images, on BocaNewsNow.com).
The contract, with Helix Virtual, is valued at $27,845 and runs through September of 2021. There are renewal options each year for the next three years.
As many states and regions require a negative COVID-19 test before arrival to avoid a 10 or 14-day quarantine, the rapid airport testing is considered a vital airport offering. For now, the only people eligible to use the service will be people traveling within 72 hours of the test being administered.
Helix expects to offer limited additional medical services once it gets up and running in its 851 square foot facility in the airport.
Helix will accept cash as well as insurance depending on your provider, terms and conditions.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Woodfield Country Club Homeowners Sue Neighbors For Fraud
- City Of Boca Raton Appoints New City Council Member
- SKETCH RELEASED: I-95 SHOOTING LEFT THREE INJURED, INCLUDING CHILD
- LAWSUIT: Avante Boca Raton Nursing Home Patient Breaks Leg After Hit By Cart
- That Really Was A Body By The Turnpike South Of Boca Raton
- Lacrosse Coach Claims Kid Makes State Team, Allegedly Steals Registration Fee
- MASS SHOOTING: THREE SHOT ON I-95, ONE VICTIM FACING LIFE-THREATENING INJURY
- Many Flight Delays Logged Across South Florida Airports, JetBlue and Spirit Hit Hard
- Glades Road In Boca Raton To Close Monday, Tuesday