BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The Palm Beach County Commission has approved a contract with a medical vendor to provide rapid COVID-19 testing at Palm Beach International Airport.
(If you are reading this in a news app, click here to access the full report, with documents and images, on BocaNewsNow.com).
The contract, with Helix Virtual, is valued at $27,845 and runs through September of 2021. There are renewal options each year for the next three years.
As many states and regions require a negative COVID-19 test before arrival to avoid a 10 or 14-day quarantine, the rapid airport testing is considered a vital airport offering. For now, the only people eligible to use the service will be people traveling within 72 hours of the test being administered.
Helix expects to offer limited additional medical services once it gets up and running in its 851 square foot facility in the airport.
Helix will accept cash as well as insurance depending on your provider, terms and conditions.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Will COVID Shot Be Mandatory For Palm Beach County School Students?
- Strangulation Charge Filed Against Boca Raton Man
- University of Miami Fined $22M For False Billing
- Masks Not On Next Palm Beach County School Board Agenda
- CLAIM: Boca Raton Investment Firm Defrauded Seniors, Took 4.2M In PPP Funds
- POLO CLUB BOCA: Palm Beach County Alleges Building Permit Fraud
- POLICE: Woman Sold Cocaine Near Delray Beach School
- FLORIDA TREND ENDS: COVID Positivity Rises
- ALERT: Florida Freedom Keepers Plans Rally At Patch Reef Park, Authorities Warn