BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The Palm Beach County Commission has approved a contract with a medical vendor to provide rapid COVID-19 testing at Palm Beach International Airport.
(If you are reading this in a news app, click here to access the full report, with documents and images, on BocaNewsNow.com).
The contract, with Helix Virtual, is valued at $27,845 and runs through September of 2021. There are renewal options each year for the next three years.
As many states and regions require a negative COVID-19 test before arrival to avoid a 10 or 14-day quarantine, the rapid airport testing is considered a vital airport offering. For now, the only people eligible to use the service will be people traveling within 72 hours of the test being administered.
Helix expects to offer limited additional medical services once it gets up and running in its 851 square foot facility in the airport.
Helix will accept cash as well as insurance depending on your provider, terms and conditions.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- New Rules For COVID-19 Shots As Publix Again Takes Appointments
- Boca Raton Man Pleads Guilty To Posting Child Abuse Photos Of Toddler In His Care
- Alleged Boca Meth House Raided
- Face Of Historic Philadelphia-Area Tavern Arrested In Delray Beach
- Lynn University To Hold Virtual Graduation, But FAU In Person This Spring
- Palmetto Place Condo Sued Over Mask Mandate
- CLAIM: Lithium Overdose Caused By Boca Raton Publix
- Delray Beach Woman Sues Boca Kosher Market
- Florida’s “Vulnerable” Form For COVID-19 Shot May Be HIPAA Violation