BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The COVID hospital count is lower in Palm Beach County than it has been, but it is still extremely high.
As of 5 p.m. Wednesday, at least 364 people are hospitalized in Palm Beach County with a “primary diagnosis of COVID-19.”
Area ICUs are still showing signs of strain. West Boca Medical Center’s ICU is completely full — all 16 beds are in use. Wellington is reporting 27 ICU beds in use with just 1 available. Bethesda West reports 6 ICU beds in use with 4 available.
At Boca Raton Regional Hospital, 35 ICU beds are in use with 6 available. Delray Medical Center reports 33 ICU beds are occupied with 17 available. Palms West reports 15 ICU beds in sue with 3 available.
Statewide, counting ICU and general hospital beds occupied by COVID and non-COVID patients, 54,110 beds are in use with 11,913 available.
Data provided by the Florida Agency for Health Care Administration.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Police: Man Slams Car Into Pedestrian, Drags Him To Death
- FLORIDA COVID: Big Jump In New Infections, But It’s Not All Bad News
- Will COVID Shot Be Mandatory For Palm Beach County School Students?
- Strangulation Charge Filed Against Boca Raton Man
- University of Miami Fined $22M For False Billing
- Masks Not On Next Palm Beach County School Board Agenda
- CLAIM: Boca Raton Investment Firm Defrauded Seniors, Took 4.2M In PPP Funds
- POLO CLUB BOCA: Palm Beach County Alleges Building Permit Fraud
- POLICE: Woman Sold Cocaine Near Delray Beach School