POLICE: Struck By Car, Got Up, Hit By Another Car.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
POMPANO BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: BSO Media Advisory Verbatim) — A pedestrian is dead following a hit-and-run crash that occurred early Thursday morning in Pompano Beach.
According to Broward Sheriff’s Office traffic homicide detectives, at approximately 4:28 a.m. on Feb. 11, a passerby located James Bates lying within the 1400 block of Northwest 15th Avenue.
Initial investigation revealed Bates was struck by an unknown vehicle which fled the scene. After being struck, Bates got up and began stumbling southbound along Northwest 15th Avenue. The victim fell several times and spent an unknown amount of time in the roadway crawling on the ground disoriented.
While in the roadway, it appears Bates was struck by another unknown vehicle. That vehicle also failed to remain on scene. Broward Sheriff’s Office deputies and Pompano Beach Fire Rescue responded, and Bates was transported by paramedics to Broward Health North. He was later pronounced deceased at 6:35 a.m.
Detectives say the actual time of the crash is unknown. The investigation continues.
Anyone with information regarding this hit-and-run is asked to contact BSO Traffic Homicide Detective Sean Strzalkowski at 954-321-4840. If you wish to remain anonymous, contact Broward Crime Stoppers at 954-493-TIPS (8477) or online at browardcrimestoppers.org.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Police Activity Near Don Estridge Middle School In Boca Raton Is Not Criminal
- Delray Beach Man Accused Of Sales Tax Fraud
- AIRBNB Sued Over South Palm Beach County Hammock Incident
- Man Killed By Brightline Train In Boca Raton
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Manslaughter Charge
- BOCA BRIDGES: Homeowner Strangles Another Homeowner, Caught On Ring Camera
- SEVEN BRIDGES DELRAY: Listen To The 911 Call When Man Found With Blood, White Powder
- I-95 To Close Again In Boca Raton, This Time Tuesday
- TRAFFIC ALERT: Major Crash At Palmetto Park Road And U.S. 441