POLICE: Struck By Car, Got Up, Hit By Another Car.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
POMPANO BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: BSO Media Advisory Verbatim) — A pedestrian is dead following a hit-and-run crash that occurred early Thursday morning in Pompano Beach.
According to Broward Sheriff’s Office traffic homicide detectives, at approximately 4:28 a.m. on Feb. 11, a passerby located James Bates lying within the 1400 block of Northwest 15th Avenue.
Initial investigation revealed Bates was struck by an unknown vehicle which fled the scene. After being struck, Bates got up and began stumbling southbound along Northwest 15th Avenue. The victim fell several times and spent an unknown amount of time in the roadway crawling on the ground disoriented.
While in the roadway, it appears Bates was struck by another unknown vehicle. That vehicle also failed to remain on scene. Broward Sheriff’s Office deputies and Pompano Beach Fire Rescue responded, and Bates was transported by paramedics to Broward Health North. He was later pronounced deceased at 6:35 a.m.
Detectives say the actual time of the crash is unknown. The investigation continues.
Anyone with information regarding this hit-and-run is asked to contact BSO Traffic Homicide Detective Sean Strzalkowski at 954-321-4840. If you wish to remain anonymous, contact Broward Crime Stoppers at 954-493-TIPS (8477) or online at browardcrimestoppers.org.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- GUILTY! Local FSU Student Convicted Of Federal Fraud, Conspiracy
- Masks Again On Agenda For Palm Beach County School Board
- POLICE: Driver Drives On Sidewalk, Kills Local Man, Hits Five Cars
- Fatal Crash In Gleneagles Country Club, Pedestrian Struck In Front Of Home
- Child Neglect, Hit and Run Charges For Boca Raton Woman
- Reminder: Masks Still Mandatory In Palm Beach County Schools
- Biergarten Boca Raton Sued, Drunk Dancer Falls On Woman
- TRAFFIC ALERT: Florida’s Turnpike To Close
- Heading To Disney World? No Masks Outside, Still Required Inside