BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
PALM BEACH COUNTY, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The Palm Beach County School Board is facing a lawsuit from a parent who claims her daughter jumped from steps at an elementary school, then injured her ankle.
(If you are reading this in a news app, click here to access the full report, with documents and images, on BocaNewsNow.com).
The lawsuit, filed in Palm Beach County Circuit Court, claims the student at Manatee Elementary School “was playing on the playground (and) jumped from the playground stairs while unsupervised. Defendant School Board breached their duty to (the child) when Defendant did not supervise the playground or (the student’s) activities while she played on the playground.”
While the age and grade of the allegedly injured child is not in the filing, the claimed injuries are: “As a result of the incident, (the child) suffered serious pain to to her right ankle, was given a cam walker to help her mobility, and eventually had to undergo ankle surgery. As a direct and proximate cause of the acts described about, (the child) suffered the injuries … including … medical and related expenses, past and future mental and physical pain and suffering, inconvenience and discomfort, loss of time, and loss of enjoyment of life.”
There was no immediate response filed by the Palm Beach County School District to the lawsuit. The incident allegedly occurred in 2017.
Read the complete suit, below. If you are reading in a news app and the PDF does not appear, just click here.ankle-lawsuit
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boynton Beach Man Held On $50K Bond For Obscene Material Viewing, Sending
- KINSA: Palm Beach County Drops From Critical To High Risk
- Palm Beach School District Reveals FSA Testing Dates, But Is Lawsuit In Works?
- DEVELOPING: Lyons Road Closed In Delray Due To Crash Involving Bicycle
- Boca Raton Doctor Max Citrin Jailed On Insurance Fraud Charge
- Suspended License? Palm Beach County Waives Fees For One Week
- Nearly 3000 COVID Cases In Palm Beach County Schools
- Health Inspectors Shut Max’s Grille In January
- Delray Man Charged With Ordering Drugs Online, Nabbed By Postal Inspector