BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
PALM BEACH COUNTY, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The Palm Beach County School Board is facing a lawsuit from a parent who claims her daughter jumped from steps at an elementary school, then injured her ankle.
(If you are reading this in a news app, click here to access the full report, with documents and images, on BocaNewsNow.com).
The lawsuit, filed in Palm Beach County Circuit Court, claims the student at Manatee Elementary School “was playing on the playground (and) jumped from the playground stairs while unsupervised. Defendant School Board breached their duty to (the child) when Defendant did not supervise the playground or (the student’s) activities while she played on the playground.”
While the age and grade of the allegedly injured child is not in the filing, the claimed injuries are: “As a result of the incident, (the child) suffered serious pain to to her right ankle, was given a cam walker to help her mobility, and eventually had to undergo ankle surgery. As a direct and proximate cause of the acts described about, (the child) suffered the injuries … including … medical and related expenses, past and future mental and physical pain and suffering, inconvenience and discomfort, loss of time, and loss of enjoyment of life.”
There was no immediate response filed by the Palm Beach County School District to the lawsuit. The incident allegedly occurred in 2017.
Read the complete suit, below. If you are reading in a news app and the PDF does not appear, just click here.ankle-lawsuit
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Carly Richards, 20, Killed In Boynton Beach Crash
- Boca Raton Lawyer Who Threatened Us Disqualified From Case We Covered
- HURRICANE CENTER: Two New Systems Southeast Of Florida May Become Victor, Wanda
- POLICE: Woman Charged With Firebombing Area Temple
- KINSA: Palm Beach County COVID Situation Improving, But Hospitals Over Capacity
- FLORIDA BLUE ALERT: Patrick McDowell On Loose, Allegedly Killed Cop
- HURRICANE CENTER: Sam Turning, But Two Systems Forming East Of Florida
- Saturnia Isles Resident Charged With Homicide, Is Convicted Felon
- Florida Woman Hits Community Call Box In Front Of Cop, Jailed DUI