BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Boca Raton police arrested and jailed a man who witnesses say was driving erratically on A1A. He allegedly hit a street sign and was ultimately found on the ground, bleeding
(If you are reading this in a news app, click here to access the full report, with documents and images, on BocaNewsNow.com).
According to a police report reviewed by BocaNewsNow.com, “A caller stated that a maroon Honda Ridgeline was driving all over the roadway and was unable to maintain a single lane. The caller also said that the vehicle struck a bicycle sign on the east side of North Ocean Blvd. After striking the sign, the vehicle continued northbound away from the crash. The caller believed that the driver was possibly impaired or suffering from a medical condition.”
Another driver — in front of the Honda — slowed down and blocked the car from moving forward. The driver apparently exited his vehicle and fell to the ground. That’s when police caught up and took control of the scene.
A responding officer, Timothy Shannahan, wrote, “(I saw the driver) on his hands and knees outside of his vehicle and had blood on his face.”
The driver was identified as Brian Bachmann. He is now charged with “hit and run — leave scene of a crash involving damage to property,” “DUI — unlawful blood alcohol, refuse to submit to DUI test after license suspension,” and “DUI — unlawful blood alcohol, DUI damage to property or person of another.”
Bachmann was booked into the Palm Beach County Jail and later released on his own recognizance. Records shows that he lives in the 1600 block of NE 47th Avenue in Pompano Beach.
Read the complete police report, below. If you are reading in a news app and the PDF does not appear, click here.Bachmann
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- In-Person Graduation Ceremonies For Palm Beach County School District
- POLICE: Woman Threatens To Run Over Dog Walker In Boca Raton
- Jimmy Buffett To Stage Open Air Concerts In Delray Beach
- Boca Raton’s Victoria Boettcher Jailed On DUI, “Almost Hit House”
- Boca Raton Marriott, In Prom Controversy, Was Subject Of COVID Complaint
- NEW FLORIDA COVID PROBLEMS: Area Hospitals Filling Again
- FAU Student Wins $10K For Boating App
- Boca High, Don Estridge Highest COVID Infections In South Palm Beach County
- Boca Raton’s Steven Pollachek Jailed On DUI Charge, Twice Legal Limit