BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The glass is simultaneously half-full and half-empty when it comes to COVID-19 hospitalizations and general ICU use in South Palm Beach County.
(If you are reading this in a news app, click here to access the full report, with documents and images, on BocaNewsNow.com).
The Florida Agency for Health Care Administration reports that 324 people are hospitalized in Palm Beach County with a “primary diagnosis of COVID-19” as of 8:30 Sunday morning. That is down slightly more than 100 from a week ago.
But the area ICU count continues to be abnormally high.
West Boca Medical Center reports 16 ICU beds in use with none available.
Delray Medical Center reports 45 ICU beds in use with just 5 available. Delray Medical is the area’s trauma center.
Bethesda West reports 10 ICU beds in use with none available.
Wellington reports 22 ICU beds in use with 6 available.
Boca Raton Regional Hospital reports 31 ICU beds in use with 10 available.
In all of Palm Beach County, combining COVID and non-COVID cases, 285 ICU beds are in use with 113 available. Combining ICU and non-ICU beds, 3,024 hospital beds are in use with 999 available.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- CLAIM: Man Physically, Mentally Abused At Manor Care Delray Beach
- DUI Arrest For Boca Raton Woman, 64
- AMBER ALERT: PALM BEACH COUNTY GIRL MISSING
- Boca Raton Man Shot In Head By Cop Identified, Held Woman At Knifepoint
- AARON SINGERMAN: Sentence Reduced In Federal Crime
- DELRAY BEACH DOUBLE HOMICIDE: Two Dead In Overnight Shooting
- Fewer Florida Flight Issues Tuesday Morning, But Delays Continue
- DUI Arrests In Boca Raton, Delray Beach, Boynton Beach From July 4th
- TRAFFIC: Roads To Close For July 4th Fireworks, DUI Patrols To Intensify