BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The glass is simultaneously half-full and half-empty when it comes to COVID-19 hospitalizations and general ICU use in South Palm Beach County.
(If you are reading this in a news app, click here to access the full report, with documents and images, on BocaNewsNow.com).
The Florida Agency for Health Care Administration reports that 324 people are hospitalized in Palm Beach County with a “primary diagnosis of COVID-19” as of 8:30 Sunday morning. That is down slightly more than 100 from a week ago.
But the area ICU count continues to be abnormally high.
West Boca Medical Center reports 16 ICU beds in use with none available.
Delray Medical Center reports 45 ICU beds in use with just 5 available. Delray Medical is the area’s trauma center.
Bethesda West reports 10 ICU beds in use with none available.
Wellington reports 22 ICU beds in use with 6 available.
Boca Raton Regional Hospital reports 31 ICU beds in use with 10 available.
In all of Palm Beach County, combining COVID and non-COVID cases, 285 ICU beds are in use with 113 available. Combining ICU and non-ICU beds, 3,024 hospital beds are in use with 999 available.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- UPDATE: Boca Raton Resident Shot Guest In Leg
- FAU STUDY: Great Way To Avoid Dying In Car Crash Is Working From Home
- SHOOTING IN BOCA RATON: Police On Scene, Gunman On Loose
- HURRICANE CENTER: Bill To Dissipate, But There’s Another System To Watch
- COPS: Boca Raton Man Hid Cocaine In Vitamin Container
- POLICE: Female Juvenile Chased, Attacked Near Jog Road
- SOUTHWEST AIRLINES: Major Delays and Cancellations Systemwide
- FEDERAL LAWSUIT: Woodfield Country Club Sued For Discrimination
- Tropical Storm Bill Forms, Two Other Systems Watched