Trooper Could Smell Alcohol “Even Though I Was Wearing A Mask.”
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOYNTON BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — A Boca Raton woman is facing a DUI charge following a multi-car crash on I-95 in Boynton Beach. The woman — booked with bruises and scars on her face — was apparently injured during the crash.
(If you are reading this in a news app, click here to access the full report, with documents and images, on BocaNewsNow.com).
Jenni Lee Sweeney, driving with a New Jersey license but living in the 22000 block of Calibre Court in Boca Raton allegedly swerved on I-95 near Woolbright Road and was unaware that she started a chain reaction crash as she allegedly hit one vehicle which ended up hitting another — causing a spin out.
The crash occurred on Thursday. The arrest report was just processed by the Palm Beach County Clerk of Courts.
Wrote the investigating Florida Highway Patrol Trooper: “As I spoke to Ms. Sweeney, I smelled the slight odor of an unknown alcoholic beverage coming from her even though I was wearing a mask… she seemed to have have slurred speech at times and trouble comprehending what just occurred. Ms. Sweeney also had trouble completing simple tasks like providing her drivers license and and explaining what happened.”
Also wrote the investigator: “Ms. Sweeney became angry and began insulting the firefighters on the scene.”
We encourage you to read the entire police report, below. If you are reading in a news app, click here for full access to the report. We have redacted certain sensitive information.
Sweeney, 28, was booked into the Palm Beach County Jail and later released on her own recognizance. Arraignment is set for March 25th.sweeney
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boynton Beach Man Held On $50K Bond For Obscene Material Viewing, Sending
- KINSA: Palm Beach County Drops From Critical To High Risk
- Palm Beach School District Reveals FSA Testing Dates, But Is Lawsuit In Works?
- DEVELOPING: Lyons Road Closed In Delray Due To Crash Involving Bicycle
- Boca Raton Doctor Max Citrin Jailed On Insurance Fraud Charge
- Suspended License? Palm Beach County Waives Fees For One Week
- Nearly 3000 COVID Cases In Palm Beach County Schools
- Health Inspectors Shut Max’s Grille In January
- Delray Man Charged With Ordering Drugs Online, Nabbed By Postal Inspector