We Ran A Test. Walmart Failed.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Walmart is now offering COVID-19 shots, but just like Publix, the odds are against your success when it comes to booking an appointment.
Only two area stores are set-up for vaccinations. Pompano Beach and Fort Lauderdale. For purposes of our fact finding test, we chose the Pompano Beach location and clicked the “we are over 65” button, even though we are not.
The immediate response from the Walmart reservation system? See for yourself above. No appointments available. While the image depicts only a few days, we played it out for a full week and no appointments populated at all.
To even gain access to the system, you need a Walmart login. It’s free, but will take a few minutes to setup depending on your level of computer comfort. You then must “certify” that you are either 65 or old, an EMS worker or a medical provider. If you are lucky enough to secure an appointment, you will need to prove your eligibility before you can receive the shot.
Walmart and Sam’s Club are taking part in the U.S. Federal Retail Pharmacy program. The federal government is shipping vaccine directly to these locations. But while a federal program, retail locations must still comply with state guidelines, which means Florida’s rules and regulations for who gets a shot and when are being followed.
Here’s a link to the Walmart COVID-19 scheduling system.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palm Beach County School Board Members Silent On Mask Mandates
- Seven Bridges Homeowner Sentenced To Six Years In Federal Prison
- CDC Says All School Students Should Wear Masks Indoors, School District Ignores
- CDC Expected To Tell Floridians To Mask Up, Even If Vaccinated
- Four “High Priority” Violations For Ben’s Kosher Deli In West Boca Raton
- Man Who Claims To Be Worth $27M Again Refuses To Pay Dinner Check
- Lyndsey Kennedy, Found In Delray Drain In March, Now Jailed
- SEVEN BRIDGES: Swingers, Seniors Fight Stability For Soul Of Community
- COVID ALERT: Palm Beach County Elevated To Critical