We Ran A Test. Walmart Failed.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Walmart is now offering COVID-19 shots, but just like Publix, the odds are against your success when it comes to booking an appointment.
Only two area stores are set-up for vaccinations. Pompano Beach and Fort Lauderdale. For purposes of our fact finding test, we chose the Pompano Beach location and clicked the “we are over 65” button, even though we are not.
The immediate response from the Walmart reservation system? See for yourself above. No appointments available. While the image depicts only a few days, we played it out for a full week and no appointments populated at all.
To even gain access to the system, you need a Walmart login. It’s free, but will take a few minutes to setup depending on your level of computer comfort. You then must “certify” that you are either 65 or old, an EMS worker or a medical provider. If you are lucky enough to secure an appointment, you will need to prove your eligibility before you can receive the shot.
Walmart and Sam’s Club are taking part in the U.S. Federal Retail Pharmacy program. The federal government is shipping vaccine directly to these locations. But while a federal program, retail locations must still comply with state guidelines, which means Florida’s rules and regulations for who gets a shot and when are being followed.
Here’s a link to the Walmart COVID-19 scheduling system.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA TREND ENDS: COVID Positivity Rises
- ALERT: Florida Freedom Keepers Plans Rally At Patch Reef Park, Authorities Warn
- Hit and Run Charge Filed Against Delray Beach Man
- GOOD COVID NEWS FLORIDA? All Numbers Dropping
- Enhanced DUI Charge Filed Against Boca Raton Woman
- CLAIM: Woman Critically Injured In Boca Raton Town Center Mall Lot
- Teacher Union: Keep Masks In Palm Beach Schools
- New Mask Policy In Palm Beach County School District
- ALLEGATION: Home Depot Botched $16K Storm Window Install, Ignoring Inspectors