BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — No new COVID-19 appointments will be scheduled by Publix on Wednesday, ending a multi-week pattern of seniors rising early in a life-or-death effort to secure an appointment for the shot.
(If you are reading this in a news app, click here to access the full report, with documents and images, on BocaNewsNow.com).
The bad weather blanketing much of the United States is to blame. With no new supply coming into Florida, Publix apparently does not want to make appointments that it can not keep. There is no indication that appointments already scheduled are in jeopardy.
Florida Governor Ron DeSantis announced the situation via Twitter, writing that “Weather conditions across the United States are impacting the shipment of COVID-19 vaccine to Florida. (Florida agencies) are providing regular updates to our partners to ensure the vaccine is distributed as efficiently as possible as it arrives.”
That — perhaps incredibly — led to one person responding to DeSantis on Twitter, “Whatever the weather, you are an American hero!”
But others responded with these tweets: “I hope it’s not as efficient as your unemployment compensation program.”
“Surprisingly, it still seems to be flowing fine into wealthy retirement communities.”
And this Tweet: “Soooooooooo how has a barely week long storm affected your governing of our state for the past year? Please explain that to me, as I’m really confused.”
The Twitter battle comes as Politco today suggested that DeSantis is so popular among Republicans that he is considered a “tier 1” Presidential candidate for 2024.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA COVID: Ventilator Use Rises As Hospitalizations Fall
- SEEMAN HOLTZ: As Fraud Investigation Continues, Court Assigns Monitor
- Boca Raton Man Charged With DUI, Resisting, Fleeing, More
- HURRICANE CENTER: Three Systems Forming East Of Florida Thursday
- WEST BOCA HIGH TEACHER REINSTATED AFTER IMAGE CONTROVERSY
- UPDATE: Seven Bridges Homeowner Turned Off WiFi To Prevent 911 Call After Battery
- FLORIDA: COVID Deaths Back Into 200s For Tuesday
- COVID: 5,000 CASES IN PALM BEACH COUNTY SCHOOLS
- HURRICANE CENTER: 90 Percent Chance System Forms East Of Florida