Follows Our Report Of COVID Hospitalization Increase
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — COVID isn’t over, especially in Palm Beach County, where those refusing to wear masks, those eating out, and those taking part in questionable activity may be contributing community spread. The Florida Department of Health reported a significant increase in Palm Beach County COVID cases over just a day.
(If you are reading this in a news app, click here to access the full report).
At least 647 new COVID-19 cases were logged in Palm Beach County on Tuesday in a report released Wednesday. That’s a jump from 351 on Monday, and just 334 on Sunday. Tuesday’s report is the highest in twelve days, and comes as the health department reports a spike in emergency room visits by people with flu-like symptoms.
There are now 115,794 confirmed COVID-19 cases in Palm Beach County, with 2,362 deaths.
Statewide, 7,253 COVID-19 cases were logged on Tuesday, up from 6,686 on Monday, and 3,770 on Sunday. Tuesday’s report reveals the highest new case count in five days.
There are now 1,844,627 confirmed COVID-19 cases in Florida with 29,311 deaths. At least 76,825 people have been hospitalized.
We reported Wednesday morning that the hospital count of COVID patients in Palm Beach County jumped over the past few days.
The pediatric positivity rate in Palm Beach County is now 14.4 percent. That includes COVID-positive cases involving residents 18 and under.
Are you seeing bad behavior in Palm Beach County that could lead to COVID spread? Take a phone and send us the details using the form below. Reading in a news app? Click here.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Huge Jump In Florida COVID Cases
- POTTY PROBLEM! High Profile Boca Building Sends Tenants To Porta-Johns
- Thieves Targeting Target Wanted By Police
- Alabama Company Buys Boca Raton Assisted Living Facility
- RIGHT NOW: CVS Has COVID-19 Vaccine In South Florida, Sign Up
- Mizner Country Club Sued For Discrimination, Ex-Bartender Claims Sexual Assault
- HURRICANE: First Forecast Set For Early April
- Federal Charges Filed Against Parkland Pediatrician Mizrachy
- POLICE: Woman Abandons Three Children Across Palm Beach County