BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The COVID-19 count in Palm Beach County hospitals is climbing again. It’s notable as the new infection count locally, and statewide, continues to drop.
(If you are reading this in a news app, click here to access the full report, with documents and images, on BocaNewsNow.com).
The Florida Agency for Health Care Administration reports that 352 people are now hospitalized with a “primary diagnosis of COVID-19” in Palm Beach County. That’s up from the 320s over the weekend but still down from last month’s high in the mid 400s. Even so, the rise over the past several days is a standout. There is concern that number will grow again if Spring Breakers and vacationers heading to the area do not follow masking and social distancing rules.
Area ICU’s continue to be exceptionally busy.
West Boca Medical Center — which apparently increased the number of ICU beds available — is still completely full. 23 ICU beds are in use with none available.
Delray Medical Center — the area’s trauma center — is near capacity. 45 ICU beds are in use at Delray Medical Center with just 7 available.
Boca Raton Regional Hospital reports 30 ICU beds are in use with 11 available.
Wellington reports 24 ICU beds in use with just four available.
These numbers are accurate as of 7:23 a.m. Wednesday, February 17, 2021.
In all of Palm Beach County, combining COVID and non-COVID patients, ICU beds and non-ICU beds, there are 3,090 hospital beds in use with 1,024 available. Statewide, 50,297 hospital beds are in use with 12,879 available.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palm Beach County Republican Party Embroiled in Libel Suit
- Delray Beach Man Slams EV Into Bush Near Military Trail
- This Woman Is Missing, If You See Her, Call Police
- Palm Beach International Airport Closed Due To Unattended Bag
- PREZZO BOCA RATON CITED FOR MULTIPLE HEALTH CODE VIOLATIONS
- Boca Raton Financial Advisor Owes $394,000 To Amex, Now Suing Him
- Son Of Palm Beach County School Board Member Back In Jail
- PUBLIC WINS: COPS, CRIME VICTIMS CAN’T HIDE BEHIND MARSY’S LAW
- Fatal Shooting Under Investigation By Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office