BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The COVID-19 count in Palm Beach County hospitals is climbing again. It’s notable as the new infection count locally, and statewide, continues to drop.
(If you are reading this in a news app, click here to access the full report, with documents and images, on BocaNewsNow.com).
The Florida Agency for Health Care Administration reports that 352 people are now hospitalized with a “primary diagnosis of COVID-19” in Palm Beach County. That’s up from the 320s over the weekend but still down from last month’s high in the mid 400s. Even so, the rise over the past several days is a standout. There is concern that number will grow again if Spring Breakers and vacationers heading to the area do not follow masking and social distancing rules.
Area ICU’s continue to be exceptionally busy.
West Boca Medical Center — which apparently increased the number of ICU beds available — is still completely full. 23 ICU beds are in use with none available.
Delray Medical Center — the area’s trauma center — is near capacity. 45 ICU beds are in use at Delray Medical Center with just 7 available.
Boca Raton Regional Hospital reports 30 ICU beds are in use with 11 available.
Wellington reports 24 ICU beds in use with just four available.
These numbers are accurate as of 7:23 a.m. Wednesday, February 17, 2021.
In all of Palm Beach County, combining COVID and non-COVID patients, ICU beds and non-ICU beds, there are 3,090 hospital beds in use with 1,024 available. Statewide, 50,297 hospital beds are in use with 12,879 available.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA HOSPITAL SITUATION BAD: Latest HHS Numbers Scary
- HURRICANE CENTER: New Tropical Wave East Of Florida May Grow
- West Boca, Delray Medical Centers Restrict Visitors
- PALM BEACH SCHOOL TEACHERS: “We’ll Reward Kids Who Wear Masks”
- COVID CRISIS FLORIDA: State Reports Another 16,935 Infections, 140 Deaths
- ARMED ROBBERY OUTSIDE TOWN CENTER MALL: Boca Raton Police Investigate
- UPDATE: Hurricane Center Now Says Two Systems Forming
- LAWSUIT: Don’t Burn The Body! Boca Raton Woman Set For Cremation, Son Says Stop…
- Daniel Porush, “Wolf Of Boca Raton,” Jailed On DUI Charge