BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The wait continues for COVID-19 shot appointment booking to resume in Florida.
Publix again says the bad weather across much of the United States is leading to no new shipments of COVID-19 vaccine entering the state supply chain. That means no new appointments can be booked. Appointment booking was already canceled on Wednesday. The freeze continues on Friday.
From the Publix website as of mid-day Thursday, February 18th: “Vaccine shipments are currently delayed due to inclement weather. Please check back for the latest updates regarding the next opportunity to schedule an appointment.”
Apparently some seniors are skipping the interweb believing they can find a nice person in a Publix store to manually schedule an appointment. They can’t. Publix is reiterating that the only way to make an appointment for a COVID-19 shot at Publix is through this online portal.
Again, from the website:
“Vaccination appointments are scheduled online only. Appointments cannot be made by calling Publix or the Publix Pharmacy.”
COVID-19 vaccine, according to several reports, is stuck in a FedEx warehouse. While a significant portion of pre-allotted doses remain in Florida and continue to be administered, the slowdown now affects shots over the next several weeks, which is why no new appointments can be booked.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Arrest In Seven Bridges: Audi Blocked By Mercedes Leads To Assault Charge
- Amazing Photos: Two Tractor Trailers Crash On Turnpike Near Delray Beach
- Do You Live Near These Boca Raton Sex Offenders?
- Boca Raton’s Rex Baron Cited By Health Inspectors
- Popular Delray Beach Restaurant Sued Over Umbrella Incident
- New Rules For COVID-19 Shots As Publix Again Takes Appointments
- Boca Raton Man Pleads Guilty To Posting Child Abuse Photos Of Toddler In His Care
- Alleged Boca Meth House Raided
- Face Of Historic Philadelphia-Area Tavern Arrested In Delray Beach