BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Scammers are preying on Palm Beach County residents, offering the COVID-19 shot in exchange for a cash payment.
(If you are reading this in a news app, click here to access the full report, with documents and images, on BocaNewsNow.com).
State Attorney Dave Aronberg said the scammers are telling Palm Beach County residents that they can get special access to an appointment — or a vaccine. All they have to do is pay.
BocaNewsNow.com has learned the payment amounts being demanded range from hundreds to thousands of dollars. Homeowners in potentially wealthy zip codes in Boca Raton, Delray Beach and Wellington are among those being targeted.
While shots have been made available to high rolling hospital donors — something being investigated — there is no pay-for-play program. Simply put: you can not pay to gain access to the COVID-19 shot. The shot is completely free to everyone.
Aronberg said residents contacted by the scammers should hang up the phone and call the police.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Arrest In Seven Bridges: Audi Blocked By Mercedes Leads To Assault Charge
- Amazing Photos: Two Tractor Trailers Crash On Turnpike Near Delray Beach
- Do You Live Near These Boca Raton Sex Offenders?
- Boca Raton’s Rex Baron Cited By Health Inspectors
- Popular Delray Beach Restaurant Sued Over Umbrella Incident
- New Rules For COVID-19 Shots As Publix Again Takes Appointments
- Boca Raton Man Pleads Guilty To Posting Child Abuse Photos Of Toddler In His Care
- Alleged Boca Meth House Raided
- Face Of Historic Philadelphia-Area Tavern Arrested In Delray Beach