BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Scammers are preying on Palm Beach County residents, offering the COVID-19 shot in exchange for a cash payment.
(If you are reading this in a news app, click here to access the full report, with documents and images, on BocaNewsNow.com).
State Attorney Dave Aronberg said the scammers are telling Palm Beach County residents that they can get special access to an appointment — or a vaccine. All they have to do is pay.
BocaNewsNow.com has learned the payment amounts being demanded range from hundreds to thousands of dollars. Homeowners in potentially wealthy zip codes in Boca Raton, Delray Beach and Wellington are among those being targeted.
While shots have been made available to high rolling hospital donors — something being investigated — there is no pay-for-play program. Simply put: you can not pay to gain access to the COVID-19 shot. The shot is completely free to everyone.
Aronberg said residents contacted by the scammers should hang up the phone and call the police.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- BUILDING COLLAPSE: List Of Everyone Who Owns In Champlain Towers
- Man Critically Injured At Boca Raton Wyndham Hotel, Sues
- MIAMI BEACH CONDO COLLAPSE: Rumors Spreading, Officials Say “Stop”
- National Hurricane Center: Tropical Depression Likely To Form
- I-95 In Boca Raton To Close Overnight Tonight
- Second DUI Arrest In Three Months For Boca’s Brooklyn Berman
- UPDATE: Boca Raton Police Respond To Shooting But Still Know Nothing
- HURRICANE CENTER: Wave Watching Continues, Another Expected To Form
- Delray Beach Father And Son Charged In Boynton Shooting, Witness Threat