BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) (Click here for full story if reading in a news app) — With fears of COVID variants leading to another surge in Florida, hospitals in Palm Beach County are remaining consistently busy with COVID-19 patients.
Several hospitals remain at or near capacity for ICU beds.
As of Sunday morning, the Florida Agency for Health Care Administration reports 323 people are hospitalized with a “primary diagnosis of COVID-19.” While the number had been in the 400s for several weeks, the fact that it has remained in the 300s while the reported daily new infection count has dropped remains troubling. So does the South Palm Beach County ICU bed count.
West Boca Medical Center reports 21 ICU beds in use with no beds available.
Wellington reports 25 ICU beds in use with 3 available.
Delray Medical Center — the area’s trauma center — reports 42 ICU beds in use with 12 available.
Bethesda West reports 8 ICU beds in use with 4 available.
Boca Raton Regional Hospital reports 31 ICU beds in use with 10 available.
Palms West reports 13 ICU beds in use with 5 available.
Combing COVID and non-COVID, ICU and non-ICU patients, there are 2,979 hospital beds in use in Palm Beach County as of mid-morning Sunday with 1,104 available. Statewide, 47,918 hospital beds are in use with 14,488 available.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- POLICE: Ten Year Old Boy Missing, Public Asked For Help
- Masks No Longer Required In Most Palm Beach County Buildings
- School Board Issues Strict Meeting Rules, Threatens Arrest
- Boca Raton Family Terrified When Man With Gun Won’t Leave Home
- COVID Captivity Case Kinda Kicked, But Palmetto Place Not In Clear
- Warning Issued: Uncle Louis G’s Ice Cream Boca
- GUILTY! Local FSU Student Convicted Of Federal Fraud, Conspiracy
- Masks Again On Agenda For Palm Beach County School Board
- POLICE: Driver Drives On Sidewalk, Kills Local Man, Hits Five Cars