BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) (Click here for full story if reading in a news app) — With fears of COVID variants leading to another surge in Florida, hospitals in Palm Beach County are remaining consistently busy with COVID-19 patients.
Several hospitals remain at or near capacity for ICU beds.
As of Sunday morning, the Florida Agency for Health Care Administration reports 323 people are hospitalized with a “primary diagnosis of COVID-19.” While the number had been in the 400s for several weeks, the fact that it has remained in the 300s while the reported daily new infection count has dropped remains troubling. So does the South Palm Beach County ICU bed count.
West Boca Medical Center reports 21 ICU beds in use with no beds available.
Wellington reports 25 ICU beds in use with 3 available.
Delray Medical Center — the area’s trauma center — reports 42 ICU beds in use with 12 available.
Bethesda West reports 8 ICU beds in use with 4 available.
Boca Raton Regional Hospital reports 31 ICU beds in use with 10 available.
Palms West reports 13 ICU beds in use with 5 available.
Combing COVID and non-COVID, ICU and non-ICU patients, there are 2,979 hospital beds in use in Palm Beach County as of mid-morning Sunday with 1,104 available. Statewide, 47,918 hospital beds are in use with 14,488 available.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Tropical Storm Warning Canceled For Palm Beach County
- Tropical Storm Warning Remains In Effect Until Early Afternoon In Palm Beach County
- 17-Year-Old Enters Water In Highland Beach During Ian, Needs Rescue
- TORNADO KINGS POINT: Images From Restricted Area
- HURRICANE IAN STARTS TO WEAKEN, BUT IT’S NOT OVER YET IN PALM BEACH COUNTY
- HURRICANE IAN: Moving Ashore, Schools Closed Thursday, Power Out
- HURRICANE IAN EYEWALL COMING ASHORE, EXPECT WEATHER TO DETERIORATE
- PALM BEACH COUNTY PUBLIC SCHOOLS CLOSED THURSDAY
- POWER OUTAGES CONTINUE: Thousands Without Power In Palm Beach, Broward, Miami-Dade