Driver Identified as Leann Cheatham of Boynton Beach
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) (If reading in a news app, click here for full story) — Boca Raton Police confirm that a Saturday night crash in the city left one person dead.
The crash happened around 9pm in the 2800 block of North Federal Highway. That’s near “Legacy Plaza” and the LaQuinta Inn.
Boca Raton Police told BocaNewsNow.com at 12:41 p.m. Monday that the deceased driver is identified as Leann Cheatham, 51, of Boynton Beach. Friends, however, identify her as Michelle Chatham and suggest police issued an incorrect spelling of her last name.
According to police, “A 2015 Mercedes-Benz was trailing southbound on North Federal Highway in the inside lane. As the Mercedes-Benz approached the intersection of NE 29th Street, it struck a 2012 Nissan which was attempting to go northbound on Federal Highway from NE 29th Street. The driver of the Nissan was ejected from the vehicle and pronounced deceased on the scene.”
Readers tell BocaNewsNow.com that witnesses at the scene say speed was a factor, but police say it’s too early to discuss an official cause — the investigation continues. Anyone with information is asked to call Investigator Van Camp at 561-620-6098.
The Boca Raton Police Department Saturday evening issued a text alert, encouraging other drivers to stay out of the area.
The alert was issued at 9:17 p.m. and wasn’t cleared for several hours.
The driver of the Mercedes is identified as Sebaciano Cheridor, 24, of Delray Beach.
No charges have been filed.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Area Veterinarian Pleads Guilty To Taping Self Being Intimate With Dog
- Fire, Identify, Publicly Ridicule Unvaccinated: Here’s What Florida Readers Are Saying
- FUNERAL HOME ERROR: Lists Boca Raton Man As Single, Was Actually Married
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: COVID Positivity Soars To 16.4 Percent
- MASK MANDATES RETURN IN REGION
- B’Nai Torah Boca Raton Camp Closes, Kids COVID-19 Positive
- Broward Schools Approve Mask Mandate, Palm Beach County Next?
- Local Lobster Mini-Season Diver Dies
- Florida’s Unvaccinated Adults Are The Problem, 12K COVID Cases Monday