Driver Identified as Leann Cheatham of Boynton Beach
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) (If reading in a news app, click here for full story) — Boca Raton Police confirm that a Saturday night crash in the city left one person dead.
The crash happened around 9pm in the 2800 block of North Federal Highway. That’s near “Legacy Plaza” and the LaQuinta Inn.
Boca Raton Police told BocaNewsNow.com at 12:41 p.m. Monday that the deceased driver is identified as Leann Cheatham, 51, of Boynton Beach. Friends, however, identify her as Michelle Chatham and suggest police issued an incorrect spelling of her last name.
According to police, “A 2015 Mercedes-Benz was trailing southbound on North Federal Highway in the inside lane. As the Mercedes-Benz approached the intersection of NE 29th Street, it struck a 2012 Nissan which was attempting to go northbound on Federal Highway from NE 29th Street. The driver of the Nissan was ejected from the vehicle and pronounced deceased on the scene.”
Readers tell BocaNewsNow.com that witnesses at the scene say speed was a factor, but police say it’s too early to discuss an official cause — the investigation continues. Anyone with information is asked to call Investigator Van Camp at 561-620-6098.
The Boca Raton Police Department Saturday evening issued a text alert, encouraging other drivers to stay out of the area.
The alert was issued at 9:17 p.m. and wasn’t cleared for several hours.
The driver of the Mercedes is identified as Sebaciano Cheridor, 24, of Delray Beach.
No charges have been filed.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- TRIAL SET IN SEVEN BRIDGES DELRAY BEACH CASE, MAGISTRATE BLASTS HOA ATTORNEYS
- Shooting In Boca Reserve Not Criminal, According To Police
- Boca Raton Woman Faces Six Years In Federal Prison On Illegal Boating Indictment
- Boca Raton Man, On Moped, Killed In Crash
- Jewish Man Ordered Off Delta Flight From Fort Lauderdale To NYC Over Hat
- MAN SAYS HE WAS SHOT IN HEAD BEHIND AURA APARTMENTS IN BOCA RATON
- Delray Beach Woman Charged With Neglect After Toddler Abused, Images Uploaded
- Boca Raton Man Tries To Avoid, But Kills, Hollywood Man Illegally Crossing Street
- TRAFFIC ALERT: I-95 SHUT SOUTHBOUND IN BROWARD COUNTY