BY: ANDREW COLTON | Editor and Publisher
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) (News App readers click here for full story) — At least 50 students at Boca Raton Community High School have been ordered into quarantine after members of the school’s Football and Lacrosse teams tested positive for COVID-19.
A school district source confirms to BocaNewsNow.com that the football team is working out in “pods” of no more than 20 students. One pod was quarantined on Monday and sent home — none of those students are allowed to be on campus.
A second pod was quarantined today — Wednesday — when another student tested positive for COVID. That pod was sent home immediately and will not be permitted back in school until negative tests are received.
Separately, the Lacrosse team at Boca High was quarantined and sent home on Monday. That team is practicing as a group, so the entire team is currently prohibited from entering school.
While the Palm Beach County school district maintains that all quarantined students are home, several tipsters to BocaNewsNow.com suggest that may not be true.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton’s Steven Pollachek Jailed On DUI Charge, Twice Legal Limit
- Threatening To Stab Husband, Boca Raton Woman Jailed
- Marriott Not Commenting On COVID Prom At Boca Center
- Murder-Suicide At Local Hampton Inn, Child Found Asleep, Body In Car On I-95
- Did A Boca High School Parent Stage A Prom, Violating COVID Rules?
- Another Kings Point Resident Jailed, This Time For Battery
- FLORIDA: COVID ER Visits Rising, Local ICU Count Up, Positivity Slightly Down
- Leaders Of “Extreme Jewish Sect” Charged With Child Exploitation
- SAFETY ALERT: Aptive Pest Control Allegedly Trespassing In Area Communities