BY: ANDREW COLTON | Editor and Publisher
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) (News App readers click here for full story) — At least 50 students at Boca Raton Community High School have been ordered into quarantine after members of the school’s Football and Lacrosse teams tested positive for COVID-19.
A school district source confirms to BocaNewsNow.com that the football team is working out in “pods” of no more than 20 students. One pod was quarantined on Monday and sent home — none of those students are allowed to be on campus.
A second pod was quarantined today — Wednesday — when another student tested positive for COVID. That pod was sent home immediately and will not be permitted back in school until negative tests are received.
Separately, the Lacrosse team at Boca High was quarantined and sent home on Monday. That team is practicing as a group, so the entire team is currently prohibited from entering school.
While the Palm Beach County school district maintains that all quarantined students are home, several tipsters to BocaNewsNow.com suggest that may not be true.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Masks No Longer Required In Most Palm Beach County Buildings
- School Board Issues Strict Meeting Rules, Threatens Arrest
- Boca Raton Family Terrified When Man With Gun Won’t Leave Home
- COVID Captivity Case Kinda Kicked, But Palmetto Place Not In Clear
- Warning Issued: Uncle Louis G’s Ice Cream Boca
- GUILTY! Local FSU Student Convicted Of Federal Fraud, Conspiracy
- Masks Again On Agenda For Palm Beach County School Board
- POLICE: Driver Drives On Sidewalk, Kills Local Man, Hits Five Cars
- Fatal Crash In Gleneagles Country Club, Pedestrian Struck In Front Of Home