ICU Counts Remain High In Boca Raton, Delray Beach, Boynton
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) (News App readers click here for full report) — COVID-19 hospitalizations may be dropping in some places, but that’s not the case in Palm Beach County.
For more than a week, the COVID-19 hospitalization count has held in the 300s — it remains at 321 Thursday morning. The Florida Agency for Health Care Administration reports that the 321 Palm Beach County patients have “a primary diagnosis of COVID-19.”
While other regions of the country are seeing a decline in new infections and hospitalizations, Florida is notably home to the largest number of “variant” cases in the Untied States. More than two thirds of those reported nationwide are in Florida.
The area ICU count remains bleak. As of 6:20 Thursday morning:
West Boca Medical Center reports 22 ICU beds in use with none available.
Bethesda West reports 9 ICU beds in use with none available.
Wellington reports 27 ICU beds in use with just one available.
Delray Medical Center — the area’s trauma center — reports 40 ICU beds in use with 12 available.
Boca Raton Regional Hospital reports 29 ICU beds in use with 12 available.
Statewide, counting all patients — COVID and non-COVID, 50,332 hospital beds are in use with 12,533 available.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- MASS SHOOTING: THREE SHOT ON I-95, ONE VICTIM FACING LIFE-THREATENING INJURY
- Many Flight Delays Logged Across South Florida Airports, JetBlue and Spirit Hit Hard
- Glades Road In Boca Raton To Close Monday, Tuesday
- Where Is Deborah Stewart? Last Seen In Boca Raton.
- REMINDER: School Resumes Across Palm Beach County On Monday
- FORT LAUDERDALE AIRPORT TROUBLE: COMPUTER PROBLEMS ON BUSY TRAVEL DAY
- POLICE: Boynton Woman “Emotionally Unstable” When Attacked Boyfriend
- ZINGER’S DELI BOCA RATON: 27 VIOLATIONS LOGGED BY STATE INSPECTOR
- REMINDER: Palm Beach County School Choice Deadline Approaching