ICU Counts Remain High In Boca Raton, Delray Beach, Boynton
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) (News App readers click here for full report) — COVID-19 hospitalizations may be dropping in some places, but that’s not the case in Palm Beach County.
For more than a week, the COVID-19 hospitalization count has held in the 300s — it remains at 321 Thursday morning. The Florida Agency for Health Care Administration reports that the 321 Palm Beach County patients have “a primary diagnosis of COVID-19.”
While other regions of the country are seeing a decline in new infections and hospitalizations, Florida is notably home to the largest number of “variant” cases in the Untied States. More than two thirds of those reported nationwide are in Florida.
The area ICU count remains bleak. As of 6:20 Thursday morning:
West Boca Medical Center reports 22 ICU beds in use with none available.
Bethesda West reports 9 ICU beds in use with none available.
Wellington reports 27 ICU beds in use with just one available.
Delray Medical Center — the area’s trauma center — reports 40 ICU beds in use with 12 available.
Boca Raton Regional Hospital reports 29 ICU beds in use with 12 available.
Statewide, counting all patients — COVID and non-COVID, 50,332 hospital beds are in use with 12,533 available.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palm Beach County COVID Hospitalizations Jump
- FLORIDA: Tropical Depression Now Likely To Form
- DeSantis Again Declares Victory Over CDC Cruise Restrictions
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely To Form Within Days Near Florida
- Boca Raton Woman Drives Without Tire, FaceTimes During DUI Stop
- Fort Lauderdale Airport Again At Capacity, Off-Site Parking Opens
- FLORIDA COVID DISASTER: CDC Reveals 12K New Cases Wednesday, 60K In Week
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Drifting, Formation Chance Increases
- Boynton Beach Police To Shut Major Road For Investigation