“Live, Small Flying Insects In Kitchen.”
Popular Boca Raton Restaurant Now Open.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) (News App readers click here for full report)— A popular Boca Raton restaurant was shut under emergency order by Florida’s Department of Business and Professional Regulation after inspectors found a “high priority violation” during a routine check in late January.
Max’s Grille at 404 Plaza Real in Boca Raton’s Mizner Park was ordered closed immediately during the January 20th inspection. It was permitted to reopen following a second inspection the next day.
According to the report just made available by DBPR, an inspector found, “Live, small flying insects in kitchen, food preparation area, food storage area and/or bar area. Approximately 10 live flies at dry storage racks next to walk in cooler Approximately 10 live flies on wall above prep sink 3 live flies at dish machine area Approximately 10 live flies at area across from dish area next to ice machine Approximately 5 live flies at bar.” The flies led to a “high priority” violation.
An intermediate violation was also listed, “Employee used handwash sink as a dump sink. At bar.”
The official language from the report regarding the closure: “Facility Temporarily Closed Operations ordered stopped until violations are corrected.”
An inspector returned on January 21st and found no issues. The restaurant was allowed to reopen.
Max’s Grille is one of the longest running tenants in Mizner Park.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA SETS RECORD: 21,683 COVID CASES RECORDED ON FRIDAY
- Delray Beach Man Allegedly Held Knife To Wife, False Imprisonment Charge
- Heading To Airport? Yet Again, Fort Lauderdale Parking Is Packed
- EXCEPTIONALLY BAD: Florida Department Health COVID Report Is Dire
- Publix Mask Mandate Returns, Associates For Now, Customer Decision Pending
- CDC: PALM BEACH COUNTY POSITIVITY NOW 18 PERCENT
- Palm Beach County Clerk Now Mandates Masks At All Locations
- EXECUTIVE ORDER: DESANTIS BANS MASKS, THREATENS SCHOOL FUNDING
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: Parents Fear Masked Kids Will Be Bullied In School