“Live, Small Flying Insects In Kitchen.”
Popular Boca Raton Restaurant Now Open.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) (News App readers click here for full report)— A popular Boca Raton restaurant was shut under emergency order by Florida’s Department of Business and Professional Regulation after inspectors found a “high priority violation” during a routine check in late January.
Max’s Grille at 404 Plaza Real in Boca Raton’s Mizner Park was ordered closed immediately during the January 20th inspection. It was permitted to reopen following a second inspection the next day.
According to the report just made available by DBPR, an inspector found, “Live, small flying insects in kitchen, food preparation area, food storage area and/or bar area. Approximately 10 live flies at dry storage racks next to walk in cooler Approximately 10 live flies on wall above prep sink 3 live flies at dish machine area Approximately 10 live flies at area across from dish area next to ice machine Approximately 5 live flies at bar.” The flies led to a “high priority” violation.
An intermediate violation was also listed, “Employee used handwash sink as a dump sink. At bar.”
The official language from the report regarding the closure: “Facility Temporarily Closed Operations ordered stopped until violations are corrected.”
An inspector returned on January 21st and found no issues. The restaurant was allowed to reopen.
Max’s Grille is one of the longest running tenants in Mizner Park.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Marriott Not Commenting On COVID Prom At Boca Center
- Murder-Suicide At Local Hampton Inn, Child Found Asleep, Body In Car On I-95
- Did A Boca High School Parent Stage A Prom, Violating COVID Rules?
- Another Kings Point Resident Jailed, This Time For Battery
- FLORIDA: COVID ER Visits Rising, Local ICU Count Up, Positivity Slightly Down
- Leaders Of “Extreme Jewish Sect” Charged With Child Exploitation
- SAFETY ALERT: Aptive Pest Control Allegedly Trespassing In Area Communities
- Former Boca Raton Chief Dan Alexander Named Chief Of Palm Beach County School Police
- DEVELOPING: Palm Beach Schools Distance Learning System Failing