Concern That Drop May Give Way To Surge
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) (News App readers click here) — The number of people hospitalized for what the Florida Agency for Health Care Administration classifies as “a primarily diagnosis of COVID-19” has dropped below 300 for the first time in months.
As of late Saturday afternoon, the count is 269.
While the number is a very good sign, it comes with a catch. Public health professionals fear that another wave may be weeks away and could hit South Florida hard. It continues to be widely reported that Florida is home to the largest number of “variant” infections in the United States.
And contradicting the lower COVID count is an ICU count that continues to be high.
As of Saturday afternoon, West Boca Medical Center reports all of its ICU beds are in use — 20.
Delray Medical Center — the region’s trauma center — reports 39 ICU beds in use with just 7 available.
Wellington reports 28 ICU beds in use with none available.
Bethesda West reports 8 ICU beds in use with 2 available.
Boca Raton Regional Hospital reports 28 ICU beds in use with 13 available.
Statewide, 4,929 ICU beds are in use with 1,246 available. That includes COVID and non-COVID patients.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton Woman Crashes Mercedes Into Honda After Two Martinis
- In Florida, 65 Die From COVID Monday, But Hospitalizations Dropping
- Florida Fish And Wildlife Commission Releases Details Of Weekend Fatal Crash
- UPDATE: Orlando Man Dies In Boca Raton I-95 Crash
- TRAFFIC ALERT: ALL LANES ON I-95 NORTHBOUND SHUT IN BOCA RATON
- SIRENS: Assault In Boca Dunes, Hard Fall In Boca Raton Publix, Trauma In St. Andrews
- COLD! Wind Chill In The 30s Possible In Palm Beach County Tonight
- GROUNDED: Airlines Already Cancel 1400 Flights Monday
- FEDS: 68 Died Sunday From COVID In Florida Hospitals, But What’s Real?