Concern That Drop May Give Way To Surge
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) (News App readers click here) — The number of people hospitalized for what the Florida Agency for Health Care Administration classifies as “a primarily diagnosis of COVID-19” has dropped below 300 for the first time in months.
As of late Saturday afternoon, the count is 269.
While the number is a very good sign, it comes with a catch. Public health professionals fear that another wave may be weeks away and could hit South Florida hard. It continues to be widely reported that Florida is home to the largest number of “variant” infections in the United States.
And contradicting the lower COVID count is an ICU count that continues to be high.
As of Saturday afternoon, West Boca Medical Center reports all of its ICU beds are in use — 20.
Delray Medical Center — the region’s trauma center — reports 39 ICU beds in use with just 7 available.
Wellington reports 28 ICU beds in use with none available.
Bethesda West reports 8 ICU beds in use with 2 available.
Boca Raton Regional Hospital reports 28 ICU beds in use with 13 available.
Statewide, 4,929 ICU beds are in use with 1,246 available. That includes COVID and non-COVID patients.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropics Busy, Getting Busier, Two Systems East Of Florida
- CHOPS Boca Raton Warned By Health Inspector, Vents Soiled
- Boca Raton Woman Charged With Child Abuse After Fight With Sibling
- Palm Beach Schools: If Students Lie About Address To Play Sports, They’ll Be Banned
- HURRICANE CENTER: Now 90-Percent Chance System Forms East Of Florida Within Days
- Saturnia Isles Resident Charged With Violating Protective Order, Allegedly Pulled Girl From Market
- Do You Think You Were Scammed By Delray Beach’s MV Realty?
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropics Busy Again, Tropical Depression Forming West Of Florida
- Boynton Beach Man Hits, Kills Man In Wheelchair, According To Police